Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complete Coding Newbie..
Kaizerwolf Offline

Threads: 9
Complete Coding Newbie..

Hey guys. I've been working on my mapping ever since the game came out, and I've got that down pretty well. Even still, I haven't done a bit of coding, besides the basic "void OnStart {}" and such to get the level to load so that I can see what the map looks like.

Other than that, i'm clueless.

I've taken a look at the modding tutorials on the HPL2 wiki page, but that just seems to be a big confusing mess for me, even if it is a tut. I'm in the process of taking a class on programming in C++, but I don't know if that would help me.

Is there someone who would be able to guide me in beginner coding for a level?

Thanks in advance. Big Grin
-Kw
10-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
RE: Complete Coding Newbie..

Hey,

I recommend checking this out: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-10017.html

Check out the basics of the basics for start. IF you get the point of it, then you will have already starting point Tongue. To script, you must understand the basics and how you script, etc Tongue

I am planning to do more when I get more time, etc.

But once you understand the basics, next time you will need help, you are here to get more specific help, if I am correct Smile

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2011, 02:16 PM by Elven.)
10-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Find
Homicide13 Offline

Threads: 41
RE: Complete Coding Newbie..

If you have skype, PM me and I'll tell you my Skype name. I can help you over Skype. Tongue

10-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Find