Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Looking for Custom Story partners
ExtinctSilence Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Looking for Custom Story partners

I think the title should be decided when we have an idea of how it all is going to end (right now, I have no clue either). I have to work in an hour so I would like to get some Psych done now so I dont have to later. Ill add some more on hopefully tonight. Good luck with building!

Cheers,

Tyler
10-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Find
Carlyle Offline

Threads: 2

SPOILER!

Here's an Idea: For each of the split personalities we could give them a name and their own voice. Kind of like they're each their own separate person. Almost like their trapped in the players mind.

Would you be willing to do voice acting?
I have a few plus I tried some myself (tho I'm no good).

Carlyle
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2011, 04:13 PM by Carlyle.)
10-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Find
Carlyle Offline

Here's the first pic.
It's of the first scene.
Its going to have a slightly cracked door at the end of the hall with light coming through. Your vision will be hazy, you will be slow and you'll be dazed. Upon nearing the center of the hall you hear something from behind. (I've read from a do's and don'ts post that early monster encounters are don't build suspense) We can still do it but, if it seems to fast then we could add voice there or something.
Tell me what you like and want.

Attached Files
.jpg   Pic1.jpg (Size: 400.11 KB / Downloads: 99)
10-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

id love to help you guys out when it comes to ideas and story writing. i dont have any ideas on the top of my head at the moment, but as soon as i get (if i get) details, then ill see what i can do. i already have 3 main ideas to build a horror story with, so i think im set! lemme know if youre interested ^^
10-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Find
ExtinctSilence Offline

(10-16-2011, 11:13 PM)Carlyle Wrote: Here's an Idea: For each of the split personalities we could give them a name and their own voice. Kind of like they're each their own separate person. Almost like their trapped in the players mind.

HUGE SPOILER ALERT

I planned on doing what you were talking about in the prison, where each personality had their own cell in his tomb that is his mind, and the main office have something to do about his personality or something explaining it. IE, you dont know each former inmate was a personality until you get into the wardens keep.

As for voice acting, I would quite frankly be horrible. My voice is not one of a serious, misguided character, let alone my lack of any recording software or equipment (not even a mic!)

Ill work on the story a bit more when i get home from a study session later today. the hallway layout looks perfect. Your description seems right as well. The monster encounter can be done away with but when they wake up in the chair that person HAS TO DIE. It is crucial to the plot. To accomadate the lack of a monster though, I believe the person will just read a note and then faint in the first room, then wake up in the chair. No biggie. To make sure we do not have the blur timings wrong its : 1.Wake in room crystal clear, get note and faint 2. Wake blurry and blurred hearing strapped to anything while hearing someone screaming and then seeing some type of dead human body, regain mobility, hearing and most of vision and exit room and then walk slowly and shakily down the hallway, faint upon seeing a door open. 3. Wake crystal clear with door now open in the multi-door room, then enter right room, touch table, faint. 4. Once again blurry, poor hearing, motionless. There would in an ideal world be a human statue standing next to you but unable to tell it is not a person due to blur.

I believe that is as far as I got. Ill write more later as i said earlier.

Cheers,

Tyler
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2011, 08:34 PM by ExtinctSilence.)
10-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Find
Carlyle Offline

(10-17-2011, 08:27 PM)ExtinctSilence Wrote:
(10-16-2011, 11:13 PM)Carlyle Wrote: Here's an Idea: For each of the split personalities we could give them a name and their own voice. Kind of like they're each their own separate person. Almost like their trapped in the players mind.

HUGE SPOILER ALERT

I planned on doing what you were talking about in the prison, where each personality had their own cell in his tomb that is his mind, and the main office have something to do about his personality or something explaining it. IE, you dont know each former inmate was a personality until you get into the wardens keep.

As for voice acting, I would quite frankly be horrible. My voice is not one of a serious, misguided character, let alone my lack of any recording software or equipment (not even a mic!)

Ill work on the story a bit more when i get home from a study session later today. the hallway layout looks perfect. Your description seems right as well. The monster encounter can be done away with but when they wake up in the chair that person HAS TO DIE. It is crucial to the plot. To accomadate the lack of a monster though, I believe the person will just read a note and then faint in the first room, then wake up in the chair. No biggie. To make sure we do not have the blur timings wrong its : 1.Wake in room crystal clear, get note and faint 2. Wake blurry and blurred hearing strapped to anything while hearing someone screaming and then seeing some type of dead human body, regain mobility, hearing and most of vision and exit room and then walk slowly and shakily down the hallway, faint upon seeing a door open. 3. Wake crystal clear with door now open in the multi-door room, then enter right room, touch table, faint. 4. Once again blurry, poor hearing, motionless. There would in an ideal world be a human statue standing next to you but unable to tell it is not a person due to blur.

I believe that is as far as I got. Ill write more later as i said earlier.

Cheers,

Tyler
Update!!! (See pic)
And my friend (who has finally let me give his name out), Aaron, should be coming over to my place some time this week to work on the story.

Carlyle

Aka Sean

Attached Files
.jpg   Pic2.jpg (Size: 308.15 KB / Downloads: 100)
.jpg   Pic3.jpg (Size: 319.8 KB / Downloads: 97)
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2011, 02:29 AM by Carlyle.)
10-20-2011, 01:37 AM
Find
Carlyle Offline

Update!!!!!!!
Again

.jpg   Pic4.jpg (Size: 346.59 KB / Downloads: 121)
10-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Find
FrostyCakes Offline

Threads: 0

Hey ^^
10-24-2011, 01:19 AM
Find
ExtinctSilence Offline

So far looks great! Im sorry Ive been what seems like ignoring this forum, I have been swamped with work and school, and I've also been pondering my career path, which I am still conflicted with. If I have time after homework tomorrow, Ill work on the story a bit more. If not, definetly expect some more wednesday. Have fun building!

Cheers,

Ty
10-24-2011, 03:31 AM
Find
Carlyle Offline

(10-24-2011, 03:31 AM)ExtinctSilence Wrote: So far looks great! Im sorry Ive been what seems like ignoring this forum, I have been swamped with work and school, and I've also been pondering my career path, which I am still conflicted with. If I have time after homework tomorrow, Ill work on the story a bit more. If not, definetly expect some more wednesday. Have fun building!

Cheers,

Ty
That's all good.
I've started a youtube channel. CarlylesShadowyPants
I'll start putting up videos of my work soon.

Carlyle

10-26-2011, 02:02 AM
Find