Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Work in progress LEAD THE WAY (Dedicated to PewDiePie) [WIP]
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: LEAD THE WAY (Dedicated to PewDiePie)

(10-15-2011, 09:46 AM)kman Wrote:
(10-15-2011, 08:32 AM)zeravia Wrote:
(10-15-2011, 06:42 AM)Arvuti Wrote: okay what the hell is it about making custom stories based off of lets players. It's already getting old.
it's fun and good inspiration? >_>

yes that can be true, but i feel that a lot of people are deciding that they want their favorite LPer play something they made so they make a custom story about them to guarantee that that will happen, instead of people deciding they want to make a custom story and then hoping their favorite LPer plays it. now don't get me wrong, someone could make an amazing custom story that's still about a LPer, but it's just it seems that the quality of work in general seems to go down (or at least i feel that way) when someones only reason for creating the custom story is so that a specific person plays it. but like i said, you go ahead and prove me wrong, id love to see this turn out awesome Smile

I made this map because i like Pewdiepie. I made it out of the things he has done over the course of his time playing amnesia. It might might not be for everyone, but that goes with all the custom stories. I enjoyed doing it, and i would hope Pewdie will enjoy it aswell. Now, can we can please get some feedback about the actual map?

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2011, 09:54 AM by flamez3.)
10-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

(10-15-2011, 09:52 AM)flamez3 Wrote:
(10-15-2011, 06:42 AM)Arvuti Wrote: okay what the hell is it about making custom stories based off of lets players. It's already getting old.

yes that can be true, but i feel that a lot of people are deciding that they want their favorite LPer play something they made so they make a custom story about them to guarantee that that will happen, instead of people deciding they want to make a custom story and then hoping their favorite LPer plays it. now don't get me wrong, someone could make an amazing custom story that's still about a LPer, but it's just it seems that the quality of work in general seems to go down (or at least i feel that way) when someones only reason for creating the custom story is so that a specific person plays it. but like i said, you go ahead and prove me wrong, id love to see this turn out awesome Smile

I made this map because i like Pewdiepie. I made it out of the things he has done over the course of his time playing amnesia. It might might not be for everyone, but that goes with all the custom stories. I enjoyed doing it, and i would hope Pewdie will enjoy it aswell. Now, can we can please get some feedback about the actual map?

okay, feedback about the map. It's bad, really bad. First of all, lighting is awful. Too bright, it is possible to make bright areas in amnesia without them looking like crap. In the first map, there are some REALLY SERIOUS texture overlapping issues, in most hallways the walls clip with each other. How can you make it look so bad ? The second map is a bit better, but there are still quite bit of clipping there, it's too empty, the lighting is bad and the textures don't match... The third map, uhh did you fuck up your light box ?

The floor is pretty much black while most of the rooms are pitch light. Not as many clipping errors, probably the best looking map in the custom story. But that's saying much.

In conclusion, I don't understand this at all. Seems like this custom story is just one big "oh my god i love you pewdiepie, please please notice me, please".

I like pewdiepie and his lets plays but seriously if he does a lets play of this custom story I will unsubscribe him.
10-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Find
Gamemakingdude Offline

Threads: 82

The custom story doesnt even load for me. Dont know why.

Rep if like me or im helpful or you love my stories!
Stephanos house
10-15-2011, 10:20 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

(10-15-2011, 10:15 AM)Arvuti Wrote:
(10-15-2011, 09:52 AM)flamez3 Wrote:

okay, feedback about the map. It's bad, really bad. First of all, lighting is awful. Too bright, it is possible to make bright areas in amnesia without them looking like crap. In the first map, there are some REALLY SERIOUS texture overlapping issues, in most hallways the walls clip with each other. How can you make it look so bad ? The second map is a bit better, but there are still quite bit of clipping there, it's too empty, the lighting is bad and the textures don't match... The third map, uhh did you fuck up your light box ?

The floor is pretty much black while most of the rooms are pitch light. Not as many clipping errors, probably the best looking map in the custom story. But that's saying much.

In conclusion, I don't understand this at all. Seems like this custom story is just one big "oh my god i love you pewdiepie, please please notice me, please".

I like pewdiepie and his lets plays but seriously if he does a lets play of this custom story I will unsubscribe him.

Thanks for the feedback, and for all of those issues you said there, this was my first map. I do realize the lighting was terrible, but honestly, it's just to hard. The editor i was using was completely crap, every time i pressed a specific button it would crash. After about half an hour of trying to get my editor to work (un installing, installing and putting it in different places) i just gave up. This is my first map that i have worked on for scripting as well. So that put me back about 6-9 hours. But i do respect your opinion and i do admit it was rushed in the end because of the fucking script (srs that was so annoying). In the end i think i have learned a fair bit and understand what to do and what not to do. With that being said, it does look like I'm just trying to get his attention so i am going to delete the download and fix it up to above-average standards (i hope). I will fix all the lighting issues and make sure that the map has close to no clipping errors. I do agree with you in most of your points. Thanks for the feedback

10-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Find
Gamemakingdude Offline

Add me on steam/Skype

Ill give ya some tips to help ya out.

Steam: EpicGamePlayer

Talk to me, and ill help ya out the best i can in the editor.

Stephanos house
10-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

(10-15-2011, 11:28 AM)Gamemakingdude Wrote: Add me on steam/Skype

Ill give ya some tips to help ya out.

Steam: EpicGamePlayer

Talk to me, and ill help ya out the best i can in the editor.
Thanks, ill add your steam
10-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Find
Gamemakingdude Offline

RE: LEAD THE WAY (Dedicated to PewDiePie) [WIP]

Whats your steam btw, in case if i dont get your steam invite?

Stephanos house
10-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

RE: LEAD THE WAY (Dedicated to PewDiePie) [WIP]

(10-15-2011, 11:42 AM)Gamemakingdude Wrote: Whats your steam btw, in case if i dont get your steam invite?
flamez3... same as my username Smile
10-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Find