Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange problem with model editor
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Strange problem with model editor

Delete the .msh file and reload the (level) editor?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-16-2011, 02:06 AM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Tried that with no results.

I tried to create a new model to see if it was something wrong with my last one, but with this model it's the same problem (and this is just a plain). I'm using Blender 2.59, is there maybe a chance that the collada exporter is messed up? Do you know of another collada export plugin for Blender? Thanks. Smile

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
10-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(10-16-2011, 11:55 AM)nackidno Wrote: Do you know of another collada export plugin for Blender? Thanks. Smile

There isn't any. However, i have worked with Blender 2.57, 2.59 and 2.59.4 and they have all worked for entities and static objects (though the ones before 2.6 do not support armatures). If anything, send the .blend file and textures to me through PM and i'll take a look at it.

Issue: Material was not assigned in Blender.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2011, 01:31 PM by Your Computer.)
10-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

This problem is now solved, the problem was that I didn't assign a material to the model in Blender, once this was done everything works. Thanks to Your Computer for helping me. How to assign a material can be learned from the below explanation provided by Your Computer.

Quote:* Click on materials tab in the properties panel and assign a material to the mesh.
* Click on the textures tab and assign a texture to the material.
* In the textures tab, click on the mapping category and for coordinates pick UV.
* Make sure in the UV/Image Editor panel the image is chosen as the desired UV image. The mesh should now update in the 3D View if it didn't already show the texture on the mesh.

This is how you can tell everything will work properly when exporting, that is, before the export: If the texture is shown on the mesh in the 3D View when Viewport Shading is "Textured" and if the texture is shown when rendering the image in Blender. That means everything is mapped and set up correctly. If either fails to show the texture, then you have not mapped the mesh correctly.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
10-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Find