Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Maps and Levels
defekt Offline

Threads: 1
Penumbra Maps and Levels

Hello Frictional!
I want to create Penumbra levels so I read everything about how to do that - but still theres so much things to do...
I know, that you can create levels via Maya 7 and collada 0.8. I have Maya 2010 and Opencollada 2010 - So Am I able to create levels with these two? Because when i create the cube in the 3d editor and then export is as .dae (already textured, ofc), i cannot open it in HplHelper.exe (models -> view). But when i open your tutorial box in Hplhelper i can view it.
Also, i cannot see your tutorial box in the 3D editor (maya 2010) ... it only shows an empty window (just only grid - but no box). I'm already so sick and tired because of it. I am figting with this for at least one month (I mean - read everything about how to edit in HPL, obtain Maya, view a lot of tutorials and practising in modeling in 3D editor (i never do that - I learned it just only because I want to create levels in Penumbra!) and so on that i nearly loosing my hope in this (to create level!)
So i came up with the next question: Can I use the same creatures (dogs, spiders, worms) in the HPL2 editor? Can i make that "eye - info" (when you are looking at something in Penumbra) in HPL2 editor? Can I add hammer, flashlight etc. to HPL2 editor?
Thank you for your answer to all my questions and thanks for the unbelievably good games!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2011, 09:26 AM by defekt.)
10-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Find
Brute Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Penumbra Maps and Levels

Yes it is possible!
For making Penumbra Maps, I would use HPL2 too, because it is much easier as modelling I think.
Everlone has release a tutorial about import Penumbra Models in HPL2. There are also some modern custom stories released, like White Night! (Guess, why I took this as example Big Grin )
Good Luck!
I bet 1.000.000 Million Dollars, Tanshaydar will read this! Big Grin

And welcome in the forum!

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2011, 12:24 PM by Brute.)
10-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Find
defekt Offline

Threads: 1

wow, thats great, thank you for the info. I am glad!
BTW: do you know where to find that Everlone's Penumbra conversion pack? I've searched the whole google, but there is nothing! :-O

EDIT: I found it already, thanks for the info again!
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2011, 08:26 PM by defekt.)
10-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Find
Brute Offline

Threads: 10

No problem! Big Grin
You're welcome!

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2011, 08:28 PM by Brute.)
10-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Find