Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Reinstall using Steam
Disastro311 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago How to Reinstall using Steam

I was trying to install the White Night Custom story and I believe I did something wrong. At any rate the game files have been corrupted and I need to wipe the slate clean.

I'm using a mac on steam. How do I reinstall the game?
10-17-2011, 02:45 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: How to Reinstall using Steam

Steam > Library, right-click on game > Properties, Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache...

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-17-2011, 03:22 AM
Website Find
vcplz Offline

Threads: 3

(10-17-2011, 02:45 AM)Disastro311 Wrote: I was trying to install the White Night Custom story and I believe I did something wrong. At any rate the game files have been corrupted and I need to wipe the slate clean.

I'm using a mac on steam. How do I reinstall the game?
the exact same thing happened to me so I right clicked on the icon an delated local content but dont worry the game will still be in your game library so you can just re-install it and you are done
I freaked out when that happened to me cause amnesia is my favorite game and not to mention all of the custom stories i loved playing i was devastated
10-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Find
Disastro311 Offline

Threads: 1

I followed the instructions detailed by 'Your Computer' and Steam told me that the game is all there and accounted for. However, the game crashes when I try to launch it. The error message is very long and detailed, so I didn't think it would be appropriate to paste it here.

So vcplz, are you saying I should "delete local content" first then just reinstall the game using Steam? Would that fix the problem? Is that what you did? I'm okay with losing save files and such if it comes to that.

I'm not freakin' out yet. I'm confident there's a solution. I've done stuff like this with games in the past and it's always been easy to just reinstall. The thing that throws me for a loop is having just recently got a mac and also being unfamiliar with the finer details of Steam.

I really loved Amnesia, but I'm not hurtin' really bad for another playthrough just yet. But I would like to get the game back up an functioning.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2011, 10:54 PM by Disastro311.)
10-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Try to delete Amnesia folder under Documents. Bear in mind that this action will also delete your configuration and save files.

10-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Website Find
vcplz Offline

Threads: 3

(10-19-2011, 10:53 PM)Disastro311 Wrote: I followed the instructions detailed by 'Your Computer' and Steam told me that the game is all there and accounted for. However, the game crashes when I try to launch it. The error message is very long and detailed, so I didn't think it would be appropriate to paste it here.

So vcplz, are you saying I should "delete local content" first then just reinstall the game using Steam? Would that fix the problem? Is that what you did? I'm okay with losing save files and such if it comes to that.

I'm not freakin' out yet. I'm confident there's a solution. I've done stuff like this with games in the past and it's always been easy to just reinstall. The thing that throws me for a loop is having just recently got a mac and also being unfamiliar with the finer details of Steam.

I really loved Amnesia, but I'm not hurtin' really bad for another playthrough just yet. But I would like to get the game back up an functioning.
i thought i would have lost everything but i didnt which was amazing i have two account that i play on and both had their autosaves still and the custom story progress
10-19-2011, 11:06 PM
Find