Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How did you get "Known" on youtube?
Crusade Offline

Threads: 2
Exclamation  How did you get "Known" on youtube?

I have been on youtube for 2 years and only have 55 subscribers exactly.(I know that more than likely this post will get ignored like any other post I put on a website) I make gameplay videos. I used to do commentaries over cod and stuff like that but now I do Amnesia, and I think I do a awesome job at it. I want to someday to end up like PewDiePie, Mofar, and etc. That more than likely will not happen since non of my subs are active apparently. So my question is... How did you get views on youtube. Any strategies? Can I improve?

YT:http://www.youtube.com/user/1234crusade (If you want to rate my content please do so and tell me how I can improve)
10-19-2011, 03:14 AM
Find
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3
RE: How did you get "Known" on youtube?

I guess you should try to put your videos out there, like doing custom stories and then linking the playthrough to the creator in their thread. Sometimes waiting for discovery isn't enough.

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
10-19-2011, 04:26 AM
Find
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5

I posted videos and let time do the rest. Some videos are more popular than others.

(Channel = Xanatos712)

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
10-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

I've been on YouTube from 2006 and have had many accounts ever since.

My first account was probably the most known. I can't remember exactly the number of subscribers it had, but I'm not lying that much if I say it had about 250. Just increase the quality of your videos to the best you can give and let time do the rest and you will notice that you start to get more views.

You asked for help on improving. So please, don't get offended because now I'm going to speak straight. Smile

If you want that people find your videos interesting, they have to be made to meet today's standards.

See, no one likes to watch laggy or badly edited video. If you look at your video, it has a bit bad framerate. This is the first thing I would fix.

Also, most of your videos have different aspect ratios than the others, as well as different color spaces.

If you fix all of these, you get decent results.
Also note that uploading in HD to YouTube will make your video look better since YouTube increases the bitrate of playback when you play it in higher resolution.

Here are my tips for starters.

10-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Website Find
Crusade Offline

Threads: 2

(10-19-2011, 10:01 AM)Scraper Wrote: I've been on YouTube from 2006 and have had many accounts ever since.

My first account was probably the most known. I can't remember exactly the number of subscribers it had, but I'm not lying that much if I say it had about 250. Just increase the quality of your videos to the best you can give and let time do the rest and you will notice that you start to get more views.

You asked for help on improving. So please, don't get offended because now I'm going to speak straight. Smile

If you want that people find your videos interesting, they have to be made to meet today's standards.

See, no one likes to watch laggy or badly edited video. If you look at your video, it has a bit bad framerate. This is the first thing I would fix.

Also, most of your videos have different aspect ratios than the others, as well as different color spaces.

If you fix all of these, you get decent results.
Also note that uploading in HD to YouTube will make your video look better since YouTube increases the bitrate of playback when you play it in higher resolution.

Here are my tips for starters.
I tried fixing that in the dark room video I had. Thanks for the help Smile
10-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

really the only thing i can think to do is be original and people will naturally find your videos interesting. like for example, i haven't seen a single person make LP's quite like how cry does (how he actually edits in jokes throughout the video with text or how he'll randomly start talking about some very specific but yet oddly relatable) and he now how over 6,000 subs. so basically just try to make videos in a way that you haven't seen anyone else do. also, just be friendly! my channel now hows 300 subs and about 5/6 of them were just because i interacted with other people who make the same type of videos (claymations) so they in turn check out my channel and sub, then after a while you'll start to develope a group of people who like you and then they'll start spreading your channel around, and things will naturally start to grow :] i'm just basing all this off my experience on what works and what doesn't. oh and one other thing, don't spam people (I.E. don't send random friend requests to everyone you see, don't set up bots that send your videos out to random people, etc.) because that gets REALLY annoying and even though it does work, almost none of the people will actually stay fans of you for more than about 3 weeks and a lot of them will end up unsubbing.

Posting Freak
10-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Website Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

Just throwing this out there.

Be sure to come out with fairly regular content. It's a lot easier to attract new subscribers, and to keep the subscribers you already have. I wouldn't say it'd have to be daily content--it could even just be once a month or so. But as long as your audience expects you to come out with something on a consistent-but-flexible schedule, then you'll be supplementing the advice given above.

10-20-2011, 04:08 AM
Find
Gharren Offline

Threads: 1

Just regularly upload good videos, that's it. ;D
You can also post your channel link in forum signatures, on facebook etc...
I got about 500 subscriber in a few months, but then I stopped making more vids because if you want to make a really good video, this can take you dozens of hours.

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2011, 12:59 PM by Gharren.)
10-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Website Find