Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom materials
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
Custom materials

I'm hoping a member of Frictional Games can answer this, but hopefully some users here can shed some light on this.

I'm creating custom physics materials for my next mod, and though I got the sounds to work, I'm unclear on what triggers the physics sounds. I'll explain:

You have a Generic_Soft item. When you throw it against a stone wall, you only hear the generic_soft collision sound. You don't hear both the generic_soft AND the rock sound.

I've created two custom physics materials "MetalVentilation" and "TrashBag", but the interaction between them is odd. When I drop the TrashBag entity on a plane with a MetalVentilation physics material, both the metal clunk is heard as well as the trash bag sound. This poses a problem, because trash bags (even when full) don't necessarily cause very large clunks when dropped.

I'm curious as to what affects playing physics sound. Is it the mass of the colliding body/bodies or does it make use of these values in the materials.cfg file (see below) or is it something else? Thanks in advance.

Elasticity = "0.15"
        KineticFriction = "0.3"
        StaticFriction = "0.3"

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2011, 05:09 AM by palistov.)
10-19-2011, 05:09 AM
Find