Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: The Dark Descent Game Crash
Degorram Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Bug  Amnesia: The Dark Descent Game Crash

I have Amnesia on Steam, and am currently playing the part of Amnesia where I have to gather the ingredients for Agrippa's tonic. I've already gotten the blood and the poison fungi, but every time I lower the meat into the well to gather the 'Remains' my game crashes. I get a very complicated message saying "Amnesia.exe cause an EXCEPTION_ACESS_VIOLATION."

My situation is very similar to the problem that can be found in this forum here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3426.html

I've already reinstalled the game twice using two different methods and have also verified the game files as well. I found the hpl log (as suggested in the forum mentioned above) and found this:

-------- Loading complete ---------
WARNING: Could not find player start node ''
ERROR: StartPos '' does not exist!
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_right03' in model 'c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_right04' in model 'c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_right05' in model 'c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_right03' in model 'c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_right04' in model 'c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_right05' in model 'c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_left03' in model 'c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_left04' in model 'c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_left05' in model 'c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_left03' in model 'c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_left04' in model 'c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_left05' in model 'c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Light 'PointLight_40' that is connected to lamp 'candle_floor_4' does not exist!
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 1 to attach to entity 'fresh_meat_onrope_1_Body_1' in 'fresh_meat_onrope.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 3 to attach to entity 'fresh_meat_onrope_1_Body_1' in 'fresh_meat_onrope.ent'
-------- END LOAD ---------

How can I solve this? If it helps, here are my computer properties:

Model: XPS M1530
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz
Memory(RAM): 4 GB
System Type: 32-bit Operating System

10-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia: The Dark Descent Game Crash

Please run a "verify integrity of game cache" under properties, local files.

10-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

1. What operating system do you have? Also 32-bit or 64-bit?
2. Is it a laptop or a desktop? If a laptop, what model?
3. Attach me here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder.
10-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Find
Degorram Offline

Threads: 1

(10-19-2011, 07:39 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Please run a "verify integrity of game cache" under properties, local files.
As I said in my first post, I've already done that twice with no change.

(10-19-2011, 08:44 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: 1. What operating system do you have? Also 32-bit or 64-bit?
2. Is it a laptop or a desktop? If a laptop, what model?
3. Attach me here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder.
1. I believe I'm using Windows Vista. 32-bit.
2. Laptop. Dell XPS M1530.

*EDIT*

I have managed to successfully get past the problem area -- however, I'm still curious as to why this happened. Are there any chances it could happen again?

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 5.96 KB / Downloads: 122)
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2011, 09:38 PM by Degorram.)
10-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

maybe you updated the game to v1.2 after having started a new game
10-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Find