Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help, pretty new to coding and scripting.
Rakaesa Offline

Threads: 3
Help, pretty new to coding and scripting.

So i'm not sure how complicated this script is, but it's basically what will happen at the beginning of the map.

At the start, I want the player to wake up in a laying down position on the bed (spawn point is on the bed already.), it doesn't matter if it's due to insanity or not because he awakes from a clanging sound in the next room.

So I need to know the script to do this. Have him wake up in that position, unable to move and the screen a bit blurry, and have his head look towards the source of the sound (Which also has to be played from the same script i'm assuming, and I know i'll need a sound file for it.)

A second script I need help with is the "Door Bang" script that i've seen a few times.

When the player gets up from bed, he'll be able to gather stuff from surrounding drawers and stuff, and then he'll be able to cross the room to the door. When he reaches a certain point, I want the door to bang in with dust falling off of it as if an enemy attacked it from the other side, but only once. Then I want the player camera to automatically look at the nearby wardrobe if possible.

Any help? Sorry if it's too complicated or bothersome.
10-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Find
Rakaesa Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Help, pretty new to coding and scripting.

Nobody?
10-20-2011, 02:49 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Help, pretty new to coding and scripting.

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn..._functions

Use the MovePlayerHeadPos and FadePlayerRollTo functions for the effect of laying down on the bed.

Use the FadeImageTrailTo function for any blur effect.

Use the SetPlayerActive function to prevent the player from moving.

Use the StartPlayerLookAt function to have the player look towards an area, and the StopPlayerLookAt function after he's done looking at the area.

Use the AddPropImpulse function for the door bang effect.

Use the CreateParticleSystemAtEntity function on the door for the dust effect.

Use the AddEntityCollideCallback function to active a callback when the player enters an area.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-20-2011, 03:25 AM
Website Find