Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] HPL Level Editor Crash
TheLolMenPeople Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago [SOLVED] HPL Level Editor Crash

I tried to start up the HPL Level Editor, but BlackBox showed up and said:

LevelEditor.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module ig4icd32.dll at 0023:03CE3752

Don't look up cloaca.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2011, 03:17 AM by Urkle.)
10-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: HPL Level Editor Crash

Do you have an Intel Graphics card?? If so which card?

Does amnesia itself run on that system?

(moved to the correct forum as the Level editor is for HPL2/Amnesia)

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
10-21-2011, 12:11 AM
Website Find
TheLolMenPeople Offline

(10-21-2011, 12:11 AM)Urkle Wrote: Do you have an Intel Graphics card?? If so which card?

Does amnesia itself run on that system?

(moved to the correct forum as the Level editor is for HPL2/Amnesia)
Yes I do have an Intel graphics card, I'm not sure which one it is and I'm not sure what you mean by 'does amnesia itself run on that system?'

How would I go about finding out which card I have? (I have a windows 7)

When I got amnesia to start with, I had to install a driver update in order for it to work. Just thought I might let you know.

Don't look up cloaca.
10-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31

ok, so amnesia the game does work on your system, just the level editor doesn't work.

Intel cards are on the edge of unsupported (mainly due to poor drivers and bad graphics feature support). We have issues with Intel cards on all 3 platforms (e.g. Mac and Linux as well).

The level editor uses more graphics card features than the game itself does. Mainly it uses multiple render targets. That crash that you received is actually IN the intel graphics driver itself, not in the LevelEditor code. And it's in a very basic driver call (swap the render buffers and display things).

Can you attach the leveleditor.log file located in your HPL2 folder in Documents?

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
10-25-2011, 12:45 PM
Website Find
TheLolMenPeople Offline

(10-25-2011, 12:45 PM)Urkle Wrote: ok, so amnesia the game does work on your system, just the level editor doesn't work.

Intel cards are on the edge of unsupported (mainly due to poor drivers and bad graphics feature support). We have issues with Intel cards on all 3 platforms (e.g. Mac and Linux as well).

The level editor uses more graphics card features than the game itself does. Mainly it uses multiple render targets. That crash that you received is actually IN the intel graphics driver itself, not in the LevelEditor code. And it's in a very basic driver call (swap the render buffers and display things).

Can you attach the leveleditor.log file located in your HPL2 folder in Documents?
I will, but I am not at my house at the moment, I will on Sunday.

Don't look up cloaca.
10-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Find
TheLolMenPeople Offline

(10-25-2011, 12:45 PM)Urkle Wrote: ok, so amnesia the game does work on your system, just the level editor doesn't work.

Here you go

.log   LevelEditor.log (Size: 5.54 KB / Downloads: 251)

Don't look up cloaca.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2011, 10:24 AM by TheLolMenPeople.)
10-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Install the latest Intel drivers after choosing your operating system first:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchRe...pe=Drivers
10-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Find
TheLolMenPeople Offline

(10-30-2011, 10:23 AM)TheLolMenPeople Wrote:

Here you go

(10-30-2011, 01:36 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Install the latest Intel drivers after choosing your operating system first:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchRe...pe=Drivers
Ooh, a quick question before I do. Will ending certain processes running on my user using the windows task manager effect this in anyway? I do it to speed up my system.

I'm asking this because I notice that every time I do this I end a process called the ig____ module. I cant remember all of its name but I know it began with ig then a bunch of random letters.

Nether the less. I will install the latest update anyway, (by the way I already have) just in-case I have screwed anything up.

Don't look up cloaca.
10-30-2011, 04:28 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

After you install the update, restart the computer and try launching the editor again. It should run just fine. Do not end process, that causes lots of problems to the operating system and the programs that run on it.
10-30-2011, 04:35 PM
Find
TheLolMenPeople Offline

(10-30-2011, 04:35 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: After you install the update, restart the computer and try launching the editor again. It should run just fine. Do not end process, that causes lots of problems to the operating system and the programs that run on it.
I am very grateful! It now works absolutely fine! And so does Amnesia! Thanks again! Smile

Don't look up cloaca.
10-31-2011, 03:16 AM
Find