Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Paint Adventure
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10
Photo  Paint Adventure

I was thinking about a way to hone my gimp skills and I thought a good way would be to start a forum adventure.
For those unfamiliar with forum adventures, the main ideas:
You will reply in this thread to issue commands for the characters in this story. I will then pick a command from your replies and create a new image where the characters act accordingly. If there are more than one command, I will choose the best alternative myself. The way this story forms up will depend on the replies you give, it may go for extreme random hilarity or serious plot/puzzle stuff. And first of all, I recommend having a look at Problem Sleuth (I'm clearly trying to create a replicate...).

This forum is not extremely crowded or active so I should be able to keep up with the replies. I will keep the art style simple and use some props from amnesia to make things easier. So amnesia related stuff is always good. Feel free to reply anything that pops up to your mind, feedback and criticism. We'll see if there's enough interest for this to work and if I have enough skill to make this work.

Lets start this!
[Image: adv01.gif]
This guy just woke up from his sleep.
What is his name and what special traits does he have for this incoming adventure?

09-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Paint Adventure

His name is Armando Alarcon. He can speak English and Russian fluently, and Spanish natively. He can also shapeshift one limb of his body at a time.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
09-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Website Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

He finds himself contemplating suicide after his laptop BSoD's on him.

09-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

[Image: adv02.gif][Image: adv02.gif][Image: adv02-1.gif]
Armando Alarcon wakes up from a good nap. He then starts stretching his miraculously amazing limbs for a nice morning exercise. He has had this amazingly inhumane ability for all his life and he can admit himself its really useful. Armando is a real language wizard, he has taught himself to read and speak fluent russian and english with his native spanish. He could communicate with everyone in europe (except for germans)!

> Contemplate suicide
[Image: adv03.gif][Image: adv03.gif][Image: adv03-1.gif]
When Armando notices his laptop has bluescreened while he was sleeping, he becomes enraged at life and its pure misery. All your downloads! He is seriously considering killing himself right now. Even his incredible flesh shape like muscles to make a clear picture.
Spoiler below!
So long for these simple ugly gifs ^^
I need a better hosting site also... Well off to sleep now

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2011, 09:28 PM by Khyrpa.)
09-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

So he's inhumane, is he?

Throw puppy across room.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
09-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Just as he's about to jump from his balcony an apple the size of his head falls from the sky and knocks him out.

Posting Freak
09-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Website Find
Khyrpa Offline

> Throw your puppy across the room and go jump off the balcony
[Image: adv04.png]
To ease his self-destructive thoughts, Armando decides to throw his puppy across the room and perhaps leave this cruel world by jumping off the balcony. But somethings not right... This isn't his bedroom. He's puzzled by the thought of not knowing why he woke up on a foreign bed. Armando's puppy is nowhere to be seen and there's a huge tome on the floor, lots of books and a painting. What will he do?

Spoiler below!
I wish I had as fluent english as Armando because I can't go back and fix the grammar...
"The message you entered contained 6 images, while only 4 images per message are allowed". And there's not even 6 pictures on the whole thread? This forum sure hates gif

09-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

He walks toward the tome, opens it, and finds a key hidden in it. Could it be leading to the door on the left?

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2011, 01:30 PM by Gunslingerjh.)
10-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Spoiler below!
I was sure this thread was dead! O.o
And god damn painting is hard, but writing is even harder!

>Examine the tome
[Image: adv05.png]

Fernando has a strong hunch the door to the left is locked and there is a key hidden somewhere in this room. It must be inside this heavy tome or perhaps behind the painting? That if something would be cheap...

10-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Find