Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia - The book [Fan-made Project]
Tenshi Offline

Threads: 2
Amnesia - The book [Fan-made Project]

Hello, fellow members. My name is... is... I am Stian Ovesen. I have been playing Frictional Games' Amnesia for a couple of months now, and have gone through all the content several times. Im amazed over how good this game is, and I would say its the best game I have played. The story, music and architecture is perfect and it really made my experience top-notch. The physics in the game is so-so, but since that has nothing to do with this thread I will just leave it at that.

After playing through the game all those times I have made up my mind. I am going to write a book about the storyline of Amnesia: The Dark Descent. The book will follow Daniel, of course, and I will try to write it so it wont omit any of the content. There will most likely be some puzzles or parts I wont use (the 3 rods in the machineroom comes to mind). Im looking forward to working on this and hope that you guys are as excited as I am, although I am happy if you care at all. Smile

If you want to cantact me, wether it's about ideas, motivating words or just mocking me for doing this. If there is ANYTHING you want to talk to me about you can contact me on my e-mail down below.

If you want to keep track of the project I will be posting progression on my twitter and possibly create a blog.

Twitter: @StianOvesen
E-mail: Tenshiur@gmail.com

10-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Amnesia - The book [Fan-made Project]

<furiously>Check your e-mail</furiously> Just jokingBig Grin
10-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Sounds sweet! Can't wait to read it!

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
10-25-2011, 02:05 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

I'll be interested to see how you handle the depictions of the insanity meter effects.

Oh and how Daniel can carry over a hundred tinderboxes.
10-28-2011, 05:33 AM
Find
LuckyBlackCatXIII Offline

Threads: 3

All I can say is God speed, man. This sounds really interesting and I can only hope it comes out great! Best of luck!
10-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Find
Tenshi Offline

I have had some problems in the preparations, like how Daniel is going to get all the notes or how he could carry 20+ flasks of oil. I have come up with the solutions to it, but wont spoil it here! Smile

Edit: I will also try to post ~1 page from each chapter as I write.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2011, 12:21 AM by Tenshi.)
10-30-2011, 12:08 AM
Find
Gasjockey Offline

Threads: 1

This seems very promising, I'll definitely be watching this. For such a huge project, I would recommend getting tons of proofreaders/testers though, friends, family, random people on the internet, anybody who can give some good insight. I would volunteer myself if I wasn't already really busy with school, work AND proofreading Fomzo's stories Tongue

Member of the secret society of TCaMtRLHfPSMUYRYRtWWtPtKYOoPFatHHG
10-30-2011, 12:25 AM
Find
Tenshi Offline

I work in a film-crew so I have some guys to proofread for me, since some of them are working with scriptwriting and story creation on a daily basis.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2011, 01:00 AM by Tenshi.)
10-30-2011, 12:56 AM
Find
LuckyBlackCatXIII Offline

Threads: 3

(10-30-2011, 12:08 AM)Tenshi Wrote: I have had some problems in the preparations, like how Daniel is going to get all the notes or how he could carry 20+ flasks of oil. I have come up with the solutions to it, but wont spoil it here! Smile

Edit: I will also try to post ~1 page from each chapter as I write.
On the carrying items issue, personally I always just imagined Daniel had a satchel of some sort (or at least found one along the way) to carry all his stuff because yeah, how does one stuff 36 tinder boxes in one's pocket? Plus those bags are easy to run with! Whatever you come up with though good luck! I can't wait to see these sneak peeks!
10-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12

Good luck! Smile

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
10-30-2011, 09:06 PM
Website Find