Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyboard Problem
Stormwave Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Keyboard Problem

Hi Guys,
I've checked the forums for similar issues, but have yet to find anyone posting about this issue.
I can start the game fine and the mouse works, but if I press any keyboard key the graphics freeze (even on the main menu). The sound continues, and the game doesn't crash. If I alt-tab out and alt-tab back in, it continues to work until the next keypress (Therefore the game is completely unplayable). I've tried 3 different graphics card drivers, lots of different settings, checking the hpl_update.log (which I presume isn't showing anything interesting since the game is still running), turning the firewall off, etc.

I've got a GTX 580, Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4, Windows 7 64-bit, 8gb RAM.

Any thoughts?
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2011, 06:19 PM by Stormwave.)
10-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Keyboard Problem

Anything can cause conflict with keyboard input? Try to close everything that is running before starting amnesia. Even a simple keylogger might cause this issue.

10-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Website Find
Stormwave Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Keyboard Problem

Ah thanks, I figured it out. It seems the culprit was Synergy.

It seems that Synergy, when running as a service, causes the problem. Synergy running normally seems to work fine.

Thanks a lot
10-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Find