Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

RIP Antisocialfatman
graykin Offline

Threads: 12
Sad  RIP Antisocialfatman

As many of you may have heard of him, I feel the need to announce this here.

Stephen "antisocialfatman" Bray has died of a heart attack earlier today. He was 27 years old.

He was a great video game reviewer on YouTube. He always had something insightful to say, and was a very intelligent man from what I knew of him. I had only spoken with occasionally online, but he seemed like a really great person to know in real life.

His YouTube channel is here: http://www.youtube.com/user/antisocialfatman

Discussion about Mr. Bray's passing can be found on his forum: http://asfm.freeforums.org/stephen-antis...-t233.html

Rest in Peace.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2011, 01:45 AM by graykin.)
10-26-2011, 01:42 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: RIP Antisocialfatman

I didn't know this guy but I send my regards to anyone who held him dear. RIP. It's always sad when people die. One of my friends died just a few weeks ago so life is something I really really keep precious from now on, you never know when or how it will end.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
10-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Find
FiverBeyond Offline

Threads: 0

It has honestly shocked me, how attached I've found myself to be to Antisocialfatman. He truly was a unique and entertaining personality, but more importantly, he cared deeply about what he did. His review of 'Amnesia' was the reason why I played the game (and the Penumbra series), simply because I was so astounded at what level of detail he analyzed the game.

Antisocialfatman combined excellent writing, witty dialogue, honest criticism, objective inspection, and raw emotional appeal in his reviews. He, more than any other reviewer I've met, demonstrated that games are art.
10-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

i'm not gonna say i was some huge fan because that would be a lie, but i liked the few videos from him i saw, and damnit he was a good reviewer! Sad he's one of the only people that actually shares his own opinions in his reviews instead of just reciting the load of shit most others say about the game (check out his dead space 2 review if you want to see what i mean by that). also he just seemed like a really awesome guy Sad R.I.P.

Posting Freak
10-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Website Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

Rest in peace antisocialfatman.

I didn't know him, but I have watched a few of his reviews. I enjoyed most of them. I really liked his large, five-part review of BioShock. I must say that even though quite liked BioShock, antisocialfatman correctly and honestly pointed out severals flaws and cop-outs in the game.
10-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Find
Lambda Offline

Threads: 5

Rest in piece, man.

Even though I didn't know him personally, he was my favourite reviewer.
I watched all his videos, and well, this kind of devestated me.

Khaaaan!
10-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

What the... if it's a joke it's not funny.

ok it isn't a joke,
It's really sad when someone close to you dies, like someone in my family did, and 1 of this forum had the courage to insult her. (I dont want to tell names).

RIP Sad
I've only seen the beginning of his dead space 2 review. But it's really sad when someone dies. RIP!

Ohh screw me! I'm gonna watch it all!!!

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2011, 01:10 AM by Hardarm.)
11-02-2011, 01:02 AM
Website Find