Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Amnesia: The Friendliest Foe
Cyphermur9t Offline

Threads: 17
Star  Amnesia: The Friendliest Foe

The Friendliest Foe

Has there ever been a Custom Story with a monster purposely being a helping hand? I don't know, it was a real question.

Your character has been living on his own for quite some time now. No worries at all. However, he starts having a reoccuring dream of two monsters where one is friendly and helpful, while the other is evil and cruel. You never make it to the end of the dream though as you wake up in a cold sweat.

What happens if your dreams become a reality? Perhaps you finally know the end. Are the monster stereotypes always the case, or is your mind mending whatever it pleases? What if this is just a dream as well? That's up for you to decide...

This is a different type of CS I'm used to making. It has a lot of dialogue and isn't meant to be a completely serious story. It is Comedy/Horror.

Screenshots:
Spoiler below!
[Image: 74fl.jpg]
Spoiler below!
[Image: 48fs.jpg]
Spoiler below!
[Image: rxvi.jpg]
Spoiler below!
[Image: 8xzk.jpg]

Includes:
- Custom Voices (Diaglogue) for player and monsters
- Custom Sounds
- Custom Music
- 10-30 Mins gameplay depending on your style.

CLICK FOR DOWNLOAD

WARNING: Justine Expansion Needed
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2013, 04:29 AM by Cyphermur9t.)
10-06-2013, 11:05 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Amnesia: The Friendliest Foe

sounds like a really interesting idea, Looking forward to see how well executed it will be.

your mapping seems judging by the screenshots just about average, not good, not bad. If you wish to improve you can visit the screenshot criticism thread
10-06-2013, 11:24 PM
Find
Cyphermur9t Offline

Threads: 17

I'll admit I didn't focus as much on the level design in this one as I did for Astraphobia, besides, these are just a few random level pictures.
10-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Just finished it, it was pretty good and some kind of different from the others which is really good and refreshing.

I actually laughed couple times when you see those silly scares coming at your face or that silly monster chasing you. Tongue

I say, everyone should try it, it's funny, short, intelligent and kind of comedy / horror style mod.

Decent - 6/10 Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
10-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Find
ShiningBlader Offline

Threads: 1

Considering that this CS was not supposed to be a "serious" one, I'll give you 10/10

It was funny Tongue
10-09-2013, 12:41 AM
Find
Tiero Offline

Threads: 13

Yeah! Really cool story, bro Big Grin

[Image: 111.jpg]
10-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Website Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

played it.

It has been added to my internal list of definitions for Brilliance.

It went against everything the amnesia community usually cries for but it did so with style.

The voice acting was non proffesional and yet it managed to fit the moments so well, when it was poor it made great power in irony.

The overall experience felt very smooth and fluent.

I liked how the doors were smacking on you in the final chase, making succes easy but doing so with style!, also now in post I realize whether it was intended or not it was a pretty good parody on AAMFP's self smashing door.

jump scares were timed well, and fitted the overall lenght of the story.they had good sound effects, liked the key pickup.

Liked how you spelled things out, but did so with style.

overall it felt well timed, dunno If I was just playing it brilliantly or something.

-Its cool to show us what to look at and all but would you mind not freezing our necks completely?

-There a gap right here on the side:
[Image: EhhXVkN.jpg]
10-12-2013, 12:46 AM
Find
JohnnyBme Offline

Threads: 1

Nice map! Smile
10-23-2013, 06:51 PM
Find