Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[REL] MYSTERY: Chapter 1 UPDATE
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: [REL] MYSTERY: Chapter 1 UPDATE

(11-03-2011, 03:25 AM)Acario Wrote:
Spoiler below!
The four lanterns in the inventory you seem to know the problem for that so that's not too bad and doesn't break the game or anything. Dark Knight wrote about a chainsaw... No idea what he's talking about may have missed it? Not a huge problem and most people won't notice but me looking for everything found a hole in the map (also, in the cutscene after the chase where you climb up the ladder it shows another part of the map at the part with the cages, nothing big just noting).

The beginning of the game I don't know if it was a stylistic choice but the fog was way too bright for me and I found it to be annoying more than anything. Also, all of the keys are named nothing or named machine room key. I spent so much time trying to figure out how to get out of the first room because I didn't think "Oh well let's try this on the cabinet that won't open" since it was named machine room key. Again, not many people would notice but it stalled me for a bit. At the end when you go through the "leave the place" door when it zooms in it's really annoying to try to move while zoomed in.

Other than those I liked the music especially the end when you go into the prison. Haven't listened to Hollywood Undead in a looong time.

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46..._00001.jpg (pic of no roof :o )

Oh and at the part where you grab the key is it supposed to lock you in the iron maiden or is it just supposed to close. If it's supposed to close you in on it my scared ass walked only close enough to grab the key and it just shut in my face.

Good job man, can't wait for chapter 2. Was enjoyable to play.
Hahaha thanks,

Spoiler below!
1. He's talking about the Bone saw ( I was thinking of doing something with that but didn't know at the time)
2. The fog was there because of the explosion caused earlier.
3. Hahaha when it zooms in I know it's hard lol, I actually scared myself because I bumped into a chair and made a loud noise Big Grin
4. Well... I assumed no one would go into the Iron maiden at all! So it was a give-give situation. If you clicked it inside it, then you would be trapped, and if you didn't you wouldn't be trapped... Smile

Thank you for giving me feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

11-03-2011, 03:42 AM
Find
Acario Offline

Threads: 0

Spoiler below!
Well I feel dumb I didn't realize there was an explosion the first time, I just assumed the monsters were just trying to kick my ass.

Also, I was walking toward the skeleton and for some reason the chair flew through the air, letting me see the shadow of it and then fly in front of my face it scared the shit out of me to put it nicely.

If you want me to pick at chapter 2 when it's playable I'd be happy to.
11-03-2011, 04:19 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

(11-03-2011, 04:19 AM)Acario Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Well I feel dumb I didn't realize there was an explosion the first time, I just assumed the monsters were just trying to kick my ass.

Also, I was walking toward the skeleton and for some reason the chair flew through the air, letting me see the shadow of it and then fly in front of my face it scared the shit out of me to put it nicely.

Wink

11-03-2011, 04:26 AM
Find
Laurensman Offline

Threads: 2

(11-03-2011, 04:26 AM)flamez3 Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Wink
lol How long until chapter 2!!!!!!!! Cant wait. No rush though. Working on my second one also. lol
11-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

(11-03-2011, 05:58 PM)Laurensman Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Wink
lol How long until chapter 2!!!!!!!! Cant wait. No rush though. Working on my second one also. lol
Patience, would you rather play a shit rushed custom story or a good custom story what took awhile to make. (Fun fact, I have been working on ray of hope for almost 4 months and we are not even halfway done with it )I'd also definetly recommend flamez to beta test his maps more, seeing flickering textures etc just really ruins the mood and breaks immersion. Which considering a horror game, is a bad thing.
11-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Find
Laurensman Offline

(11-03-2011, 07:35 PM)Arvuti Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Wink
Patience, would you rather play a shit rushed custom story or a good custom story what took awhile to make. (Fun fact, I have been working on ray of hope for almost 4 months and we are not even halfway done with it )I'd also definetly recommend flamez to beta test his maps more, seeing flickering textures etc just really ruins the mood and breaks immersion. Which considering a horror game, is a bad thing.
I know thats why i said no rush =]. and i just started working on my second cs today. Its going to take a while to finish, probably 2 months or 3. Because this time, unlike death is coming, Im going to be persise, at everything i add, also no glitchy level editor. lol. So then you wont be able to see out of the level, or jump out of it. =]
11-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

(11-03-2011, 07:35 PM)Arvuti Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Wink
I beta test this map like 100 times, (mostly scripting). But I've done about 4 maps now. I still have to make it a little more populated. But I will take your advice and go out of my way to look at texture flickering Smile

11-04-2011, 07:29 AM
Find
SierenH Offline

download link wont work Sad i click on it and it brings me back here
12-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

(12-07-2011, 10:29 PM)SierenH Wrote: download link wont work Sad i click on it and it brings me back here
Its in the OP

12-08-2011, 04:04 AM
Find
seahawks4ever Offline

Threads: 1

hi there! This is my first post as I didn't even know about custom stories until I finished the game lol. I downloaded your game and...maybe I'm just dumb...but how the heck can I get the hatch opened???

I moved the carpet as far as it would go but the hatch was stuck on it...

I apologize if this is a stupid question...
12-10-2011, 07:46 AM
Find