Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massive Game Glitch... I made it through it...
TheKbob Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Massive Game Glitch... I made it through it...

Hey Frictional Team,

I just got super stuck in the Prison Block level. Luckily I had already solved a great deal of the area, however when I went into the room to get an item called "the chipper", I had jumped over the bed the exact same moment a story point triggered.

This then cause ALL of the physics based objects in the world to go completely ape dookie and dropped my game from a solid 60FPS to a solid 0.2FPS (EVGA Precision said so!) I then took 30+ minutes running back down the hall, inching to the hole, using the chipper, and proceeding on. Once I loaded the new section it ran fine again.

Thanks the the game saving, I had no other choice but to invest that 20~40 minutes or start all over. Sad Dodgy

This is something that should be looked into because it was SUPER frustrating. To even make it close to getting it done, I dropped the resolution to the lowest and turned off all features... and it still chugged. Was definitely engine/physics based. Maybe an exception for a situation like this or a "roll back" save? I would have loved just to been murdered for the level to reload!

Great game so far, but that REALLY soured my opinion on the title. I haven't seen anything this game breaking in a long time, more so from such a highly recommended game.

Regards,
Kbob
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2011, 01:24 AM by TheKbob.)
11-01-2011, 01:23 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Massive Game Glitch... I made it through it...

It's physics and they are unpredictable, it's unfortunately not possible to make sure things like this never happens. You can't easily re-create the situation, as it is very random, so no effective way to test fixes, if even possible to fix at all.

You have a list of saved games you can pick from, so you could load the last save from before this behavior occurred.
11-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Website Find