Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to create a fully isolated full conversion
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14
RE: How to create a fully isolated full conversion

(01-25-2014, 01:58 AM)Romulator Wrote: The / in a directory means that within this folder, then go here. It's like the frictionalgames site URL for this page: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...age-5.html

Go to frictionalgames.com, then navigate to the forum pages, then to this thread.

Basically however, your folders should look like this:
/redist
-<your_fc>
  - config
    - lang
  - entities
  - graphics
etc :3

... Which means i should do a config folder and / means a lang folder shall be created in it? Ugh i dont rly get this. If someone from germany could explain?

My english is good but sometimes tutorials for FG stuff make me cry.

Anyone from germany who created a full conversion and wants to help?

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
01-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Perhaps this will help. It's a zip archive with all the folders and stuff correct. Just copy the folders they way they are and you should be alright. If you have edited any text files or things inside YOUR FC folder, just leave them as they are Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2014, 02:33 PM by Romulator.)
01-26-2014, 02:33 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

(01-26-2014, 02:33 PM)Romulator Wrote: Perhaps this will help. It's a zip archive with all the folders and stuff correct. Just copy the folders they way they are and you should be alright. If you have edited any text files or things inside YOUR FC folder, just leave them as they are Smile

... Did you do all this for me? Its all done in there?... Is it real or not...
If it works im gonna credit you in my mod (written in capslock) and give you over 9000 reputations.
Also i will hug you several times for helping me out of this confusing situation :3
Lets try...

01-26-2014, 03:20 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Blush
Hahaha, it's actually attached to the original post, right down the bottom of it. No need to credit me for that. Smile

Basically, that gives you all the folders and how they are set up, and the files have been edited to suit the "test_mod" folder. If you want to change the test_mod folder to something else, you have to edit all the text files to suit that same folder name.

But if you've done most of that already, just look at the way the folders are set out in this zip file, and just compare that to yours Smile

01-26-2014, 03:48 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

(01-26-2014, 03:48 PM)Romulator Wrote: Blush
Hahaha, it's actually attached to the original post, right down the bottom of it. No need to credit me for that. Smile

Basically, that gives you all the folders and how they are set up, and the files have been edited to suit the "test_mod" folder. If you want to change the test_mod folder to something else, you have to edit all the text files to suit that same folder name.

But if you've done most of that already, just look at the way the folders are set out in this zip file, and just compare that to yours Smile

... Ugh english tutorials (mostly with such stuff like in FG forum) = Confusing for me.
I will just create a test_mod folder, place the files of the zip in it and edit them like in the first post on the first page.

... Is that right?
(Sorry if my questions are like i dont get anything but my head is about to explode haha)

Do i need to place the entities in the folder? They are over 1 GB and if it would go without placing stuff in it that would be great. But srsly, i placed the .bat in test_mod/config where the main_init is but when i start nothing happens...

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2014, 05:55 PM by LordOfDragons.)
01-26-2014, 04:59 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Okay ik im posting several messages in a row but pls ignore that .
Im just a bit excited. The question above is clear for me now, i had to copy the graphics, entities and texture files into my full conversion folders ( with the same name)
Now the menu loads for me just without a picture. I will work on the music, picture and so on.

Cant i just set FullScreen to " true " ? I want to play it in fc and when i give the mod to other users they sure want it to.

But with the copied files... This mod already is 2 GB big...

(If my posts are too much, sorry i will stop now and work silently if i can Big Grin)

01-26-2014, 07:22 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

The entities folder doesn't need all the Amnesia stuff in it. Only things that you modify, or are using in your Custom Story which are not normally in Amnesia.

The main menu is actually a map, but you cannot script things to happen in it. The main menu map is located in the main menu folder of your Full Conversion. Open that up with the level editor, don't delete that PlayerStart area, and just design your main menu Smile If it helps, there is a little blue arrow inside the PlayerStart area. Wherever that is facing, is where the "camera" is for the menu.

As for the full screen, I'm not sure. I always play in full screen unless I am developing, because windowed is better there. The users can always just adjust that setting if they need to, because it will come down to whatever.

In response to that last thing, if you want, you can PM me your questions, instead of posting them here. There aren't any issues with doing that, unless you double post, which you did do, but I don't think it is too bad. You may get a "please don't double post" from a moderator, but not much else happens otherwise Smile

01-27-2014, 01:26 AM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

With entities, sounds, static_objects etc, my mod is huge.
Is that always like that? Custom storys are 100-500 MB usually and a mod 3 GB... I cant delete the content and leave them empty right? I got errors when opening the menu and maps in game with no files in there...
But 3 GB? How should other users download this, or how shall i upload that...

01-28-2014, 07:44 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

(06-08-2012, 09:41 PM)Ermu Wrote: Is there a somekind of Resolution limit in the MenuLogo?
I can't get mine working...
It's in
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\lang\eng\graphics\main_menu"
like it should.
I've checked the Menu.cfg million times.
The photo is a .jpg

You must make the logo a .png, otherwise the background won't be see through.
10-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

(10-01-2014, 09:10 PM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote:
(06-08-2012, 09:41 PM)Ermu Wrote: Is there a somekind of Resolution limit in the MenuLogo?
I can't get mine working...
It's in
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\lang\eng\graphics\main_menu"
like it should.
I've checked the Menu.cfg million times.
The photo is a .jpg

You must make the logo a .png, otherwise the background won't be see through.

Preferrably not. PNGs aren't very optimized for game graphics. A Targa (.tga) or DirectDraw Surface (.dds) with an alpha channel will give a better result.

Btw, you replied to a very (very) old question. I don't think OP is looking for an answer anymore. Probably already found out or stopped trying.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2014, 10:28 PM by Mudbill.)
10-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Find