Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Day[9] Streaming Amnesia
BlackAegis Offline

Threads: 1
Day[9] Streaming Amnesia

For anyone interested, Sean Day[9] Plott is currently streaming his second play session of Amnesia. His first was streamed live on halloween and was a hilariously good time. For those who have never heard of him, Day[9] is one of the most prominent faces in the e-sports scene of Starcraft 2, providing daily commentary and comedy to all who love the game. Check out his stream at day9.tv/live
11-03-2011, 04:46 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Day[9] Streaming Amnesia

Well, that's another chunk of change for Frictional. LPs are the best advertising ever. Gamers advertising games to gamers, with the real gameplay, no tricks.
11-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

I thought I was bored with Amnesia LP's but this one is great! He gets really scared, the commentary's good.

You can watch it all from the beginning here:
http://blip.tv/day9tv/amnesia-aka-how-da...-1-5696092
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2011, 01:17 AM by nofsky.)
11-06-2011, 01:16 AM
Find
R4tch3t Offline

Scared is something, but petrified is something else, lol.

Check these out http://www.youtube.com/alliance11111#p/a...bQDRByinfw at 2:50

and

http://www.youtube.com/alliance11111#p/a...bQDRByinfw at 0:20

and lastly (this is one is sooo funny)

http://www.youtube.com/alliance11111#p/u/7/s4eoqeoGrTg at 4:20

Enjoy!

[Image: Amnesia_Sig.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2011, 02:36 AM by R4tch3t.)
11-07-2011, 02:35 AM
Find
w3sp Offline

Threads: 4

I won't comment on the aspect of self-advertising, since I'll do that too at some point in the near future....but:

Day9 is scared and petrified to death, you're just petrified while having a fun chat with your friends in voicecom.

Trust me, don't use voicecom or anything while playing, you're only spoiling the game experience VERY much for yourself.
11-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Find
MelloYello Offline

I don't think R4tch3 was trying to self-advertise so much as just relating his personal experience of feeling more terrified at the game and pointing out those few moments Smile

And really, while playing, it doesn't matter if someone is in chat with others or not. Pretty much everyone gets scared at the game haha! Tongue I don't see what it's taking away from the experience, simply that you can enhance it by having fun with your friends while playing and laugh off some scares and move on. Just look at people's faces and videos where they have others with them, they still get just as scared and enjoy the game.

But this is getting a little off topic since this is about Day9's stream. So getting back on track, I saw a little of it, the guy is cool. Unfortunately I didn't get to catch any of him being scared or anything xD But I think he said it was like his 2nd or more playthrough of Amnesia (I could be wrong tho)! Honestly, I think the first time playing is the best to show, the umm "victim" never knows what to expect ya' know Wink
11-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Find
jeango Offline

Threads: 0

Just bought the game...

Day9 made me do it Big Grin
11-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Find
BlackAegis Offline

(11-08-2011, 05:17 PM)MelloYello Wrote: But this is getting a little off topic since this is about Day9's stream. So getting back on track, I saw a little of it, the guy is cool. Unfortunately I didn't get to catch any of him being scared or anything xD But I think he said it was like his 2nd or more playthrough of Amnesia (I could be wrong tho)! Honestly, I think the first time playing is the best to show, the umm "victim" never knows what to expect ya' know Wink
It was in fact his first playthrough....he broke it down into multiple parts over multiple nights, you might have watched it on his 2nd night of playing. He finished his playthrough just last night and all i can say is the sewers part was one of the funniest reactions i've seen yet.
11-11-2011, 04:41 AM
Find
MelloYello Offline

(11-11-2011, 04:41 AM)BlackAegis Wrote:
(11-08-2011, 05:17 PM)MelloYello Wrote: But this is getting a little off topic since this is about Day9's stream. So getting back on track, I saw a little of it, the guy is cool. Unfortunately I didn't get to catch any of him being scared or anything xD But I think he said it was like his 2nd or more playthrough of Amnesia (I could be wrong tho)! Honestly, I think the first time playing is the best to show, the umm "victim" never knows what to expect ya' know Wink
It was in fact his first playthrough....he broke it down into multiple parts over multiple nights, you might have watched it on his 2nd night of playing. He finished his playthrough just last night and all i can say is the sewers part was one of the funniest reactions i've seen yet.
Ah well, I could have sworn he said it was like his 2nd or third playthrough, but then again he could have been talking about some other game or I misheard. Tongue Haha yea I know lots of people break up the game over several nights, playing through the whole thing in 1 night might kill a first timer from fright! haha! But yes the sewers are 1 of the best places of the game! xD Too bad I didn't get to catch that lol. I bet it was good.

11-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Find
mrfruits Offline

Threads: 3

became a fan of day9 after this. funny stuff, he keeps you entertained even when he is to scared to move for a few minutes. Good stuff.
11-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Find