Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrible lag and unable to get to gameplay
Jimmyduck23 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Terrible lag and unable to get to gameplay

Hello Smile
I have looked through over 30 pages of search results trying to find a solution for my problem, but have found myself unsuccessful. Sad The game loads the main menu screen up fine. All the graphics are there, but the flickering of the torch lags terrible, as does mouse movement. When I click 'Start New Game' it loads for a short while, and then the intro will sometimes begin. If it does begin, the sound is perfect with no lag, but the graphics lag something terrible. Eventually, it just freezes. I've tried every screen resolution, fiddled with all sorts of combinations of quality settings, but to no avail. Also, I am running this via Steam.

I don't have a hpl file with any errors listed because the program becomes unresponsive and I just shut it down via task manager, but I'll attach the hpl file anyways, seems how all the threads I veiwed always seem to ask for it.

Computer specs:
Dell Inspiron 531
Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1) 32bit
2.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForse 6150SE nForce430 graphics card (has most recent update)

Any help would be greatly appreciated and let me know if you need other information. Smile

~Jimmy~

Oh, also, this is a desktop, and my processor is AMD Sempron Processor LE-1250 2.20GHz

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 3.31 KB / Downloads: 82)
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2011, 10:18 AM by Jimmyduck23.)
11-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Terrible lag and unable to get to gameplay

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvis...river.html
11-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Find
Jimmyduck23 Offline

I already have that updated driver.
11-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Your graphics card is the bare minimum to run the game so the lagging is normal actually. Do a file integrity check through Steam and make sure that every graphical option in-game is disabled or set to the lowest possible(including resolution and the advanced tab).
11-06-2011, 07:05 AM
Find
Jimmyduck23 Offline

Still not working. The lag on it is just so bad that my computer registers the game as Not Responding. So just word to the wise for anyone reading this thread, the "bare minimum" for graphics card, does not always work. I would not buy the game unless you have above the "recomended" graphics card.

No biggie, pluto. Thanks for your time and help. I'll just have to wait to play until I get a better graphics card. Smile
11-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Taken from Amnesiagame.com

Windows Requirements
Processor: 2.0Ghz *1
Memory: 2048MB
Disc Space: 500MB
Video Card: Radeon X1000/GF 6 *2

*1: Caution when using an older or low cost CPU, such as Intel Celeron or AMD Sempron, their performance might not match this requirement.
*2: Integrated graphics will likely not work. Low cost video cards may perform worse, or not work at all, even if they are much newer than older medium to high range cards.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2011, 04:44 PM by plutomaniac.)
11-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Find