Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demo works, Game doesn't [hpl.log attached]
handsomerob22 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Demo works, Game doesn't [hpl.log attached]

I played the demo through OnLive, worked fine with a really quite good graphics setting. Yet, when I downloaded the game, it didn't work. Since I know there will be a lot of suggestions, here is what I have done so far:

1) Tried multiple graphics settings at the Launcher, including different resolutions & Full Screen on/off
2) Deleted the 'Amnesia' folder in Documents
3) Updated my drivers
4) Uninstalled and reinstalled my driver

NONE of these have fixed the problem. The error message I am generally getting is the "FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0" variety that I have seen on the forums here. I have attached my hpl.log here so hopefully someone can help me.

Please give me any suggestions you have (preferrably ones I haven't already tried)! Thanks!

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 7.01 KB / Downloads: 90)
11-07-2011, 01:03 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Demo works, Game doesn't [hpl.log attached]

First of all, you have an Intel video card, so I wouldnt expect the game to run well at all (I find it strange the demo even worked, the fact its not an HD Intel card...)

Secondly, It seems the game is having trouble finding/getting the Vertex Shaders, so I don't know what is happening...

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
11-07-2011, 03:11 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Demo works, Game doesn't [hpl.log attached]

You graphics chip is not capable of running the game, it is far below the requierments specified for running the game. It works using OnLive as the game is not actually running on your computer, only streamed, so the full game (from OnLive) will work on your computer if the demo did.
11-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Website Find
handsomerob22 Offline

Threads: 1

(11-07-2011, 08:13 AM)jens Wrote: You graphics chip is not capable of running the game, it is far below the requierments specified for running the game. It works using OnLive as the game is not actually running on your computer, only streamed, so the full game (from OnLive) will work on your computer if the demo did.
Ahh, I see. I thought it might be something like that. I'm getting a new computer soon anyway, was just curious as to why it wasn't working. Thanks so much!

11-08-2011, 01:13 AM
Find