Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[REL] MYSTERY : CHAPTER 3
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
[REL] MYSTERY : CHAPTER 3

TO GET THE STORY:
Chapter 1: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-11077.html
Chapter 2: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-11190.html

Well, I was convinced to make a chapter 3 for my mystery series :p....So here it is!:

Download: https://rapidshare.com/files/4008779007/...pter_3.zip

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2012, 12:39 PM by flamez3.)
11-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10
RE: [REL] MYSTERY : CHAPTER 3

For the love of god, it has been 3 days since you released chapter 2. There is really nothing to say about this, the maps are still quite bland, the lighting is still quite bad (most of the areas in the maps are absolutely pitch dark, why ?) and there are still glitches in mapping.

Seriously though, why is there a gigantic room what has a gigantic
Spoiler below!
stephano
in it. Seriously why, stuff like that makes me think you are just making those custom stories is that you are hoping that your most beloved lets player will play through this custom story and have a laugh.
11-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

(11-08-2011, 04:47 PM)Arvuti Wrote: For the love of god, it has been 3 days since you released chapter 2. There is really nothing to say about this, the maps are still quite bland, the lighting is still quite bad (most of the areas in the maps are absolutely pitch dark, why ?) and there are still glitches in mapping.

Spoiler below!
stephano
in it. Seriously why, stuff like that makes me think you are just making those custom stories is that you are hoping that your most beloved lets player will play through this custom story and have a laugh.
...It's always a delight when you post on my maps... Anyway, when he played my map before he hoped that I would put it in there. So i did. Dude; These custom stories are not to be taken THAT seriously. I'm exploring the things I can do with mapping, as well as improving my knowledge on certain area's of scripting. So what if i put a giant Stephano in a room. Doesn't seems to interrupt the story at all, let alone take away from the experience. I enjoyed myself with these chapters. Partly because of Pewdiepie playing them. And partly because I learn from the mistakes of these ones..(glitches, scripting errors). But I do have to agree with you in the lighting.

11-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

(11-08-2011, 04:57 PM)flamez3 Wrote:
(11-08-2011, 04:47 PM)Arvuti Wrote: For the love of god, it has been 3 days since you released chapter 2. There is really nothing to say about this, the maps are still quite bland, the lighting is still quite bad (most of the areas in the maps are absolutely pitch dark, why ?) and there are still glitches in mapping.

Spoiler below!
stephano
...It's always a delight when you post on my maps... Anyway, when he played my map before he hoped that I would put it in there. So i did. Dude; These custom stories are not to be taken THAT seriously. I'm exploring the things I can do with mapping, as well as improving my knowledge on certain area's of scripting. So what if i put a giant Stephano in a room. Doesn't seems to interrupt the story at all, let alone take away from the experience. I enjoyed myself with these chapters. Partly because of Pewdiepie playing them. And partly because I learn from the mistakes of these ones..(glitches, scripting errors). But I do have to agree with you in the lighting.
Yeah I have done a lot of small custom stories to improve on my mapping and scripting but I never released them publicly. The moment you post a thread of it on the forums it becomes open for criticism. Also it looked like mystery chapter 1 was mostly taken seriously and then after that it just kind of went downhill.

Also as an mapper I have one thing to recommend to you: use box lights.

11-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

(11-08-2011, 05:03 PM)Arvuti Wrote:
(11-08-2011, 04:57 PM)flamez3 Wrote:

Spoiler below!
stephano
Yeah I have done a lot of small custom stories to improve on my mapping and scripting but I never released them publicly. The moment you post a thread of it on the forums it becomes open for criticism. Also it looked like mystery chapter 1 was mostly taken seriously and then after that it just kind of went downhill.

Also as an mapper I have one thing to recommend to you: use box lights.
I'm fine with criticism.

11-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

nice map!
firstly looks like usual, But some scary elements unexpectedly begins, thats scares a lot.
but please add more creepe music for atmosphere..

hmm, please no Chapter 4 Big Grin

god loves three.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2011, 11:38 PM by Dark Knight.)
11-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

(11-08-2011, 11:37 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: nice map!
firstly looks like usual, But some scary elements unexpectedly begins, thats scares a lot.
but please add more creepe music for atmosphere..

hmm, please no Chapter 4 Big Grin

god loves three.
Hahahaa Wink

11-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Find
WookieMang Offline

Threads: 3

yeah needs some more mapping work
I saw a lot of things wrong with chapter 1 and I just finished it about a half an hour ago
(all parts converted ready for youtube)

Check out my videos --> http://www.youtube.com/user/99Daxc
11-10-2011, 01:17 AM
Find
vaxoxen Offline

Threads: 0

Hey there flamez

I was going through Part 3 fine until the section where you have to carry the wooden planks to make a bridge across the break in the floor. I fell down as I was trying to line up the wooden planks across the gap, and then climbed the ladder, but cos the planks are about the same width as the corridor I couldn't climb to the top of the ladder :/ (see below)

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/723/2012010700024.jpg

Maybe it'll be better to put a "death zone" down there, so that the player dies and respawns back up top, as I had to restart the custom story from the beginning which is really annoying Sad

Otherwise good work!
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2012, 06:36 PM by vaxoxen.)
01-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

updated download

02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Find