Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Do you like to be scared?
Unregistered

RE: Do you like to be scared?

i have mixed feelings about fear. i dont like, but i dont dislike it either. Theres something mesmerizing in it, that makes you want to know what is behind that corner,even tho your mind says otherwise.
07-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

It all depends on the situation I guess. But let's say i'm playing Fatal Frame III....I doubt I don't want to be scared, why the F would I play a game that is based on something that I don't want? Tongue But in some situations I don't want to be scared, like when simply walking out a late night. It's annoying when something scary happens and starts up the paranoia section in the head.
07-14-2006, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

I love to get scared! if im with a friend and is playing Resident Evil 4 i force him to play while i hide under the nearest furniture
07-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

RE4 isnt scary, it's an action game dude....
07-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Not when he is playing it..
07-15-2006, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

Depends in which way

Horror and fear games/movies I enjoy them but be scared/shocked by a F***ing screamer then no way.
09-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

I love to be scared, but I agree with mrbean1112, F.E.A.R and Penumbra have scared me. Some movies scared me too.
09-30-2006, 11:50 PM
flubagalub
Unregistered

I don't really get scared by movies. Sure, I haven't watched the scariest movies like The Exorcist, but I still get scared much easier when playing games than when watching movies.
01-26-2007, 12:01 PM
HiViH Offline

Threads: 6

where is the yes and no option ?

03-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Website Find
cuber3 Offline

Threads: 6

I love scary games, which is probably why survival horror is my favorite genre of games Smile
I don't get really scared by games with jumpy moments (they're often soooo predictable), but instead I prefer dark games with great atmosphere (Penumbra, Resident Evil remake, even Doom 3's atmosphere apart from the fact that it's an FPS of course Tongue)
I have to say, the first time you have to hide from a wolf in Penumbra was one of the most tense and scary moments in any game I've played.
I think the player breathing heavily when staring at enemies is a brilliant touch, and your heart really is pumping when you sneak past them.
Anyways, to cut a long story short, that's a definitive YES!
04-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Find