Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Funny Personal Irony in White Night
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
Funny Personal Irony in White Night

So.... I'm sure most of you have played White Night by Tanshaydar. If not, I'm going to post a few spoilers on my funny ironic situation...

//______________________

So... I started up White Night. There, it asked me to create a "new patient". I loved how it was themed around the campaign's OWN amnesia. So I thought it would be funny, being a fan of the Silent Hill series, to name my profile "Subject 206". If any of you can guess that reference before I say it now, you rock.

Alex Shepherd in Silent Hill: Homecoming was put in Room 206 in the mental hospital (sequence in the beginning of SH: Homecoming). I just thought it would be funny to have that as my mental subject.

Then I laughed...

One of the first sequences in the game is you being pushed on a stretcher in White Night, here is the first cutscene in Homecoming:

I laughed because that matched so well....

Then I smiled in joy...

Later in the campaign, you begin entering a "hallucinagenic" nightmare... Similar to Silent Hill's "Otherworld".

THEN WN started playing it's soundtrack... which reminded me AGAIN of Silent Hill.
Being a big fan of Silent Hill, This campaign was a complete and utter TREAT. XD And the fact that I unknowingly made my "patient", Subject 206, just put the icing on the cake.
The references and theme/atmosphere was beautiful, and actually jumped a few times (I damn near threw my mouse when I turned underneath the staircase in the beginning)

Tanshaydar, thank you for a great, White, night =]
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2011, 04:46 AM by Statyk.)
11-12-2011, 03:48 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Funny Personal Irony in White Night

(11-12-2011, 03:48 AM)Statyk Wrote: Being a big fan of Silent Hill, This campaign was a complete and utter TREAT.

Having heard this from a Silent Hill fan... that made my day my friend Smile
I'll make a video compilation of staircase some day Big Grin

11-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Website Find
Brute Offline

Threads: 10

Don't forget the Penumbra insunation!
Philipp wanna kill Clarence. I loled hard! Big Grin

11-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(11-12-2011, 12:11 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(11-12-2011, 03:48 AM)Statyk Wrote: Being a big fan of Silent Hill, This campaign was a complete and utter TREAT.

Having heard this from a Silent Hill fan... that made my day my friend Smile
I'll make a video compilation of staircase some day Big Grin
THE STAIRCASE! XD I caught that one too! I had my livestream running while playing this. You could see everything I caught and referenced. And sorry, but being a Silent Hill fan made that ring puzzle quite simple XD It just seemed right. Haha.

And I loved the pyramid head painting. I swear, I was laughing the whole way through. I don't know why I didn't play this earlier....

(11-12-2011, 04:52 PM)Brute Wrote: Don't forget the Penumbra insunation!
Philipp wanna kill Clarence. I loled hard! Big Grin
Yeah, I caught that one too =] But one I missed that Kman told me was that you mentioned "Red"? Thomas Redwood I think it was? I only knew him by "Red", so I almost didn't catch that one.

Another little thing I found Tanshaydar, was the part where you have to flow water through the tubs, around the corner is a chain-linked fence. well, through the fence, I saw the little things dangling from the ceiling by the fluorescent light. I had no idea what they were but I was like O.o...
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2011, 05:53 PM by Statyk.)
11-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

I'm surprised how you got this much of a reference. So far everyone got some different references, but no-one got them all.
Also most of the players didn't noticed that things dangling from the ceiling in that location.

11-13-2011, 01:53 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(11-13-2011, 01:53 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: I'm surprised how you got this much of a reference. So far everyone got some different references, but no-one got them all.
Also most of the players didn't noticed that things dangling from the ceiling in that location.
Haha, I'm very observant. I used to piss my ex off because I'd look at an environment too much in a game XD

I got TONS of references. I'm not going to say ALL, because I didn't catch "Thomas Redwood", but I got Philip and Clarence. I think it's awesome that you were able to squeeze them in there.

Overall great campaign =]

11-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Find