Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monsters and Prop/Body force
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
Monsters and Prop/Body force

Has anyone attempted to make a monster jump or send it flying across the map? I have, but AddPropForce and AddBodyForce doesn't seem to work. I figured that it could be due to the entity not having a "body," but adding a body to the monster in the model editor caused the monster to become invisible in game though it was still capable of following the path nodes and colliding with areas. I have a couple of ideas to get a similar effect, but has anyone attempted making a monster jump?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
11-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Website Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: Monsters and Prop/Body force

Not sure I'm skilled enough to talk about this but; I have noticed some times that when you make a monster spawn above something, he will spawn on the ground (I'm not completely sure). Maybe because it doesn't have any weight to him. Like an entity such as a box spawns above the ground and falls with gravity. The enemy does not; maybe thats why you cant make him jump?

11-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18
RE: Monsters and Prop/Body force

I have attempted making a monster jump but never really got around the fact the enemy body is essentially similar to that of the player. The only way I have found to make it jump is to use a custom block_box with only collide character on and spawn it below the enemy transiently, forcing the enemy into the air - which is okay for the odd scripted spot but very hackish - you could perhaps improve this slightly by adding a slider joint and effectively making it a spring-board by applying the force to the block.
11-18-2011, 05:12 AM
Find