Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

System Shock 2
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
System Shock 2

Fantastic game...but really hard, is there anyone here who could give me some pointers beyond 'save ammo like crazy, scrounge for supplies everywhere' etc?

My character is good at using weapons, and modifying them to be stronger, he has no skill at hacking or psionics whatsoever
11-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Website Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
RE: System Shock 2

I know there are people who have played this game on the forums, come on, don't be shy
11-30-2011, 06:06 AM
Website Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

Well, don't spread your points, concentrate on what you're good at in the beginning.

Personally I love hacking but if that's not your style then skip it.

Maintenance is an important skill. You should definitely spend points in it.

If it's too hard, there is no shame in playing on a low difficulty untill you've learned all the quirks of the game.
12-02-2011, 02:28 AM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

Someone I know once said that System Shock 2 is a game best enjoyed the second time around, due to its learning curve.

If you're settled in the weapons niche, then I definitely wouldn't put any points into Psionics. If there's a specific aspect of your character that you feel is making you an easy target, then I would definitely focus on correcting that sort of thing ASAP (i.e., if you can only take one or two hits from a melee hybrid then increase your stamina, if your gun has a ridiculous recoil then improve your agility).

Have you been researching the monsters from the organs they occasionally drop? That'll help reveal their weaknesses (some are vulnerable to bullets while being resistant to lasers), and improve your general damage against them.

Lastly, make sure you use the right kind of ammunition against the right type of enemy! Anti-personnel bullets aren't good against everyone!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and if you want to know the stats about anything in your inventory, click the "?" button whilst looking through your inventory, then click the item you want to learn about.

Just throwing these tips out there--I hope they help!

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2011, 07:52 AM by graykin.)
12-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Find