Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Static Object Request : SNOW
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
Static Object Request : SNOW

hi there, id like to request something from someone who can model new static objects. see, im making a custom story, set mainly in the winter genre, and so, ill need some sort of snow texture. what i was thinking was if yyou could make me a snow pile (similar to the coalpile in the machineroom) and long, bending slopes of snow (terrain sett etc(about 3 would be random enough).

if you could help me with this it would me much appreaciated!

cheers! ^^
12-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Static Object Request : SNOW

(12-01-2011, 10:58 PM)darkadders Wrote: hi there, id like to request something from someone who can model new static objects. see, im making a custom story, set mainly in the winter genre, and so, ill need some sort of snow texture. what i was thinking was if yyou could make me a snow pile (similar to the coalpile in the machineroom) and long, bending slopes of snow (terrain sett etc(about 3 would be random enough).

cheers! ^^
I made a snowfall particle, and snow material already. I used both in my 24-hour challenge map. If you would like, I could give you those two and convert the dirtpile into a snowpile.
In the .zip:

1) Snowfall particle system
2) Snow Material (may be used for Primitives)
3) Snow Pile (similar to dirt_pile, but white and reacts to lighting)

Anyone can use this, freely. But all I ask is for is credit.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2011, 04:24 AM by Statyk.)
12-02-2011, 03:49 AM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

(12-02-2011, 03:49 AM)Statyk Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 10:58 PM)darkadders Wrote: hi there, id like to request something from someone who can model new static objects. see, im making a custom story, set mainly in the winter genre, and so, ill need some sort of snow texture. what i was thinking was if yyou could make me a snow pile (similar to the coalpile in the machineroom) and long, bending slopes of snow (terrain sett etc(about 3 would be random enough).

cheers! ^^
I made a snowfall particle, and snow material already. I used both in my 24-hour challenge map. If you would like, I could give you those two and convert the dirtpile into a snowpile.
In the .zip:

1) Snowfall particle system
2) Snow Material (may be used for Primitives)
3) Snow Pile (similar to dirt_pile, but white and reacts to lighting)

Anyone can use this, freely. But all I ask is for is credit.
oh my god this is amazing! thanks a bunch man! where should i put these files when extracted? in the ''static objects'' folder? or is it depending on the material type (entity, static, particle) ? ^^

once again, THANK YOU Big Grin

12-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(12-02-2011, 10:37 AM)darkadders Wrote: oh my god this is amazing! thanks a bunch man! where should i put these files when extracted? in the ''static objects'' folder? or is it depending on the material type (entity, static, particle) ? ^^

If you're making a custom story with custom stuff, please keep the stuff inside your custom story folder (forcing players to add custom stuff inside their original file folders is pretty annoying).
Thanks to Your Computer, there's a good tutorial about that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZTabBgYD8k&t=3m23s

12-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

(12-02-2011, 01:13 PM)Khyrpa Wrote:
(12-02-2011, 10:37 AM)darkadders Wrote: oh my god this is amazing! thanks a bunch man! where should i put these files when extracted? in the ''static objects'' folder? or is it depending on the material type (entity, static, particle) ? ^^

If you're making a custom story with custom stuff, please keep the stuff inside your custom story folder (forcing players to add custom stuff inside their original file folders is pretty annoying).
Thanks to Your Computer, there's a good tutorial about that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZTabBgYD8k&t=3m23s
i saw some stuff on a custom story creation tutorial, with these files you needed, which this guy ''greengc035'' had made for you already, unfortunately its a survey website that he posted as a download. do you know where i can get something similar which hasnt got a survey website download in it? its really helpfull if you know ^^

thanks in advance! ^^

cheers ^^

12-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

1) Download the .zip in my first reply.
2) Go into "SNOWSTUFF" and highlight the "entities" and "particles" folders
3) Paste them into your custom story folder
4) Go into your main redist folder (the folder labeled "amnesia the dark descent" for those with the Steam version)
5) Paste into there and merge folders.
6) Done!

In the level editor, the snowpile and snow.mat (for primitives) can be found in the "entities" section. The Snowfall particle can be found, obviously, in the "particles" section. You should be set! No problem, just remember to give credit please? I appreciate it! =]
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2011, 12:10 AM by Statyk.)
12-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

(12-03-2011, 12:09 AM)Statyk Wrote: 1) Download the .zip in my first reply.
2) Go into "SNOWSTUFF" and highlight the "entities" and "particles" folders
3) Paste them into your custom story folder
4) Go into your main redist folder (the folder labeled "amnesia the dark descent" for those with the Steam version)
5) Paste into there and merge folders.
6) Done!

In the level editor, the snowpile and snow.mat (for primitives) can be found in the "entities" section. The Snowfall particle can be found, obviously, in the "particles" section. You should be set! No problem, just remember to give credit please? I appreciate it! =]
i love you man! (no homo). can the player walk on this material? and does it give off a sound similar to that when you step on real snow? ^^
12-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(12-03-2011, 05:58 PM)darkadders Wrote: i love you man! (no homo). can the player walk on this material? and does it give off a sound similar to that when you step on real snow? ^^
Yes, you make a Snow Primitive plane just like you would with any type of floor and it has the sound of dirt, which is actually pretty close to the sound of snow.

No problem =] Glad to see it can be of use.
12-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

(12-03-2011, 07:20 PM)Statyk Wrote:
(12-03-2011, 05:58 PM)darkadders Wrote: i love you man! (no homo). can the player walk on this material? and does it give off a sound similar to that when you step on real snow? ^^
Yes, you make a Snow Primitive plane just like you would with any type of floor and it has the sound of dirt, which is actually pretty close to the sound of snow.

No problem =] Glad to see it can be of use.
the product is amazing! only thing id fix is the ability to walk on the snow pile , thanks again! Big Grin ofc ill give you credit man, i always give people credz XD

12-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(12-03-2011, 07:59 PM)darkadders Wrote: the product is amazing! only thing id fix is the ability to walk on the snow pile , thanks again! Big Grin ofc ill give you credit man, i always give people credz XD
What's wrong with the snow pile?

12-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Find