Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Insanity : Nocturnal Confusion 2 "The sequel" UPDATED!!!
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Insanity : Nocturnal Confusion 2 "The sequel" UPDATED!!!

Review:

Spoiler below!

Mapping: I know you put a lot of effort in the mapping, but you might have putten too much effort in the mapping.
I'm the kind of type that likes when the stories get realistic... And it didn't seem so realistic.
I found no bugs though...

Scares: Some of them were ok-good (Falling into a face was quite good) but you ended more than 1 level with a naked man running towards you... I didn't get that... And most of the times the monsters came, the player was set to false, so i couldn't really do anything = Didn't really have a reason to get scared...
Watermonsters are cool, but it wasn't really used in the level.. Just placed... Didn't add that much again..

Ambience: It's was ok... Though lots of monsters, destroys the atmosphere. I feel a good atmosphere, when you walk, and you have to crouch because you are scared that something is going to happen... SHIT! What was that? Was that an event? Or just atmosphere... damn it's creepy down here... - That kind of atmosphere.

Lighting: Lighting was ok... There was no big mistakes... though i'm pretty sure there was a ceiling or too which had some pretty dark areas...

Puzzles: They were ok, though you might want to help the player with hints, and objectives...
Also, notes saying: If you want the key, then [INSERT PUZZLE HERE].. It doesnt really seem realistic too me again...

All around: I didn't get scared. I didn't get the story until... Why were we at that mansion again?
Though you put some effort in it and i like that! Though not enough effort to clear out those typos. You might want to check up on that too...

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2012, 09:46 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
10-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

(10-15-2012, 09:43 PM)beecake Wrote: Review:

Spoiler below!

Mapping: I know you put a lot of effort in the mapping, but you might have putten too much effort in the mapping.
I'm the kind of type that likes when the stories get realistic... And it didn't seem so realistic.
I found no bugs though...

Scares: Some of them were ok-good (Falling into a face was quite good) but you ended more than 1 level with a naked man running towards you... I didn't get that... And most of the times the monsters came, the player was set to false, so i couldn't really do anything = Didn't really have a reason to get scared...
Watermonsters are cool, but it wasn't really used in the level.. Just placed... Didn't add that much again..

Ambience: It's was ok... Though lots of monsters, destroys the atmosphere. I feel a good atmosphere, when you walk, and you have to crouch because you are scared that something is going to happen... SHIT! What was that? Was that an event? Or just atmosphere... damn it's creepy down here... - That kind of atmosphere.

Lighting: Lighting was ok... There was no big mistakes... though i'm pretty sure there was a ceiling or too which had some pretty dark areas...

Puzzles: They were ok, though you might want to help the player with hints, and objectives...
Also, notes saying: If you want the key, then [INSERT PUZZLE HERE].. It doesnt really seem realistic too me again...

All around: I didn't get scared. I didn't get the story until... Why were we at that mansion again?
Though you put some effort in it and i like that! Though not enough effort to clear out those typos. You might want to check up on that too...

Thanks for the reply,
I am happy you enjoyed it a bit..
I think it's better then when you play a PDPmap OR endetailed map...
AND i think there are'nt many CS's that are longer then 2 hours..
I think i did a good job and i am veyr prout on my cs..
And about the stuck when monster appear.. There was 2 times when that happen 1 HAD to be like that and it was when a monster closes the fence..
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2012, 09:52 PM by DnALANGE.)
10-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Find
SilentHideButFine Offline

Threads: 38

dnalange , what happend with those map i made for this story you trashed them ?

[url= http://www.moddb.com/mods/jessehmusic [/url] ,HOSPITAL OF HORROR MOD
10-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Find
Dutton Offline

Threads: 3

Oh my god i love the pictures! this is definitely something i wan't to check out after work!

[Image: 15isy6C]
10-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(10-26-2012, 08:18 AM)SilentHideButFine Wrote: dnalange , what happend with those map i made for this story you trashed them ?
To give me all your love was all I ever asked, and you tossed it in thrash, you tossed it in thrash, you did.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
10-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Already played a part of this (also recorded), and it seemed exciting. I kind of regret that I couldn't play it soon enough, much to the distaste of the developer, but I was running out of time.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Website Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

(10-26-2012, 04:29 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
(10-26-2012, 08:18 AM)SilentHideButFine Wrote: dnalange , what happend with those map i made for this story you trashed them ?
To give me all your love was all I ever asked, and you tossed it in thrash, you tossed it in thrash, you did.
LOL...
I'm sorry pal...
well.. when some people have no time to work together...
I won't use the maps..
I'm sorry.. I just used one map from another creatot... is was just walls....
Lange
10-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(10-26-2012, 07:07 PM)dnalange Wrote:
(10-26-2012, 04:29 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
LOL...
I'm sorry pal...
well.. when some people have no time to work together...
I won't use the maps..
I'm sorry.. I just used one map from another creatot... is was just walls....
Lange
'Cause what you don't understand is I'd catch a teleporting naked guy for ya!!!

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2012, 07:55 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
10-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Find