Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
game still crashes at startup
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: game still crashes at startup

Can you try another graphics card? Most probably a defected graphics card or an operating system issue.
12-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Find
burningfortress Offline

Threads: 1

I've run a 3rd party diagnosis and the results are terrible. the following drivers are listed as "out of date"

NVIDIA nForce4 Serial ATA Controller
NVIDIA nForce PArallel ATA Controller
NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator
nForce HyperTransport Bridge
NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management

Upon using this 3rd party scanner, I found out and updated my drivers for audio, keyboard and mouse by doing a google search and those are now updated but I'm getting very frustrated with the nvidia components. I'm assuming all of this is supposed to be updated when you update your display driver? my display driver is recognized as "up to date" yet i have all of these components as out of date drivers. i'm not sure what to attempt now but my motherboard is ASUS AMD Socket 939 NVIDIA Chipset A8N-SLI Premium. maybe i didn't install my video card properly, but i've been using it for over 3 years now and haven't had a problem until i tried to run this game.
02-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Try reinstalling Amnesia itself.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
02-14-2012, 03:56 AM
Find