Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level editor crashes the computer
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Level editor crashes the computer

(12-11-2011, 01:12 PM)Mehis Wrote: Is there any other reason?
Could it be caused by the error code 51? I have tried to verify integrity of game files. Still gives me the same error.
I tried to reinstall Steam, but I can't connect to my Steam account right now to try it.

Error codes reported by Steam are normally not related to the game itself. If the game wasn't installed properly or corrupted, i doubt it would cause a blue screen to occur. The issue described in your first post sounds like either an issue with the hardware (e.g. when my first graphics card died i would experience artifacts and blue screens before its death) or the driver (i.e. most blue screens are driver related). I'm guessing at the point that the system reported that the graphics card crashed, so did the level editor. In which case, if the system blue screens minutes after, then it implies an issue with the hardware or maybe even a setting in the BIOS.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Website Find
Mehis Offline

Threads: 10

The game is installed properly. It has never given me that error before, until couple weeks ago. The level editor still worked though.
I got blue screen only once after the computer crashed and I rebooted it. I didn't have time to see what the message was, but it could caught couple words like System Security Manager or something like that. I then brought the computer to older state and it worked like before.
Also, could CCleaner cause this? I remember starting to use it to clean registery and stop some unneeded programs on startup.
12-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Find
Mehis Offline

Sorry for double post... I have some news.

I have been trying to crash my computer for the past 30 minutes, literally. Could this problem have anything to do with a specific map? For the 30 minutes I have been going around and check things in the most largest maps Amnesia has. It haven't crashed once. Map specific problem? My map is only about 0,7 MB.
12-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Find
Mehis Offline

|--Memory Manager Report-------------------------------|
|
| Memory leaks detected:
|
| address     file                                                  line         memory usage      
|------------------------------------------------------------
| 0xcb3b6a8     \Hpl_2\tools\editors\common\EditorBaseClasses.cpp     861         344    
|
|------------------------------------------------------|

Could this be something?
12-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

I've run out of memory plenty of times, and it's never caused a blue screen. It's weird that you've only been able to crash your graphics card with the level editor. I'm not sure what the issue is.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Website Find
Mehis Offline

Computer's fan seems to begin start running very fast, until the computer crashes. Overheating?
I can map for 1-2 minutes, until the fan starts to spin more faster. When I leave the level editor, e.g minimize it, the fan gets slower until you can't hear it.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2011, 01:57 PM by Mehis.)
12-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Find