Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor: Can't attach 2 body?
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
Model Editor: Can't attach 2 body?

I'm trying to attach two ends of a object to two different bodies. But it wipes out the other one... Any help or tips?
Spoiler below!
[Image: modeleditorproblem.jpg]
You can see the red line connecting the wooden beam to the body on the left, but it wipes out my other connecting line from the body on the far right.

I'm not 100% sure if what I'm trying to achieve what will work, but I need to overcome this obstacle first. :/
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2011, 03:56 PM by Rapture.)
12-07-2011, 02:22 AM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: Model Editor: Can't attach 2 body?

You can only have one body, or so it seems. However, you can create a new shaped body by Shift clicking on all of your shapes (purple shaded boxes), then create body. It will merge them all into one body.

12-07-2011, 02:28 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

No you can have multiple bodies in an entity, but when there's two you need to assign each body its own submesh, otherwise the whole mesh will be attached to the first body, and the second body will be invisible. If you assign two bodies to a single submesh, it'll create a sort of floppy physics because of the way the two bodies' physics interacts, similar to the way the organic pig entity in TDD behaves.

12-07-2011, 02:56 AM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks to you both, and like palistov pointed out. I won't be able to do what I want... but to just throw out my idea incase I'm missing something and someone could help me out and make it possible.

I want to make one a old wooden bridge being suspended by ropes.

Each board would have a body at each end where ropes could be connected. A long and repitive rope combining and stuff, I hope you get the picture.

I want it this way without resorting to static wood. I tried it awhile back, and it didn't come out right.
If your wondering about possibilities...

[1] Wind is pushing on the bridge so its swaying.

[2] Rocks come tumbling down shaking the whole thing.

[3] A part of the bridge breaks and you see it doing its magic like in cartoons Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2011, 05:15 AM by Rapture.)
12-07-2011, 05:14 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

I'm fairly certain you don't need separate bodies for that. Create a single body for each board. Then, place two separate rope "areas" (they're more like nodes) at each end of the board. Each separate rope will connect to the body you designate at the point of contact.

12-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Ok I can get one to attach to the wood now, but when I try to attach two. (At seperate ends) The physics goes bonkers. Does anyone know how to attach two ropes to a object?

Edit: Ok figured it all out, thanks guys.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2011, 03:46 PM by Rapture.)
12-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Find