Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How can i say this...
Yarashiel Offline

Threads: 1
How can i say this...

It has been a long time I wanted to post this :

You are fucking talentuous !

I hope we'll see new ennemies pattern (spawn scripts) in your next games.

Yes : this post is useless, but as a Game Designer I can imagine how rewarding it can be when players thank the designers. Furthermore I couldn't find any "contact " section on the website.

So, thank you Frictional Team !
12-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: How can i say this...

Hehe nice way of praising Tongue

[Image: luv.gif]
12-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Yes man, they are very very talentuous!
World never will forget Frictional Games.
12-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0

I think 'talentuous' is gonna be my new favorite word
12-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

The best part is, Frictional Games made Amnesia with a very small team and a small budget... I can only imagine how good their next game will be after the huge success Amnesia has become.

Just hope they stay original.

[Image: luv.gif]
12-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0

Same size team but a much bigger budget would be nice. Hopefully the team doesn't grow too much because it'll be easier to stray. The same core group of developers with proven ideas and techniques will hopefully make a game with the same thought and determination, and yes, add in a ten times bigger budget. Would be sweet.
12-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Find
Yarashiel Offline

(12-07-2011, 08:21 PM)dph314 Wrote: I think 'talentuous' is gonna be my new favorite word
Kinda pun (talented/outrageous) Wink haha !
Seriously, I should preview my threads before posting...
12-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12

(12-07-2011, 08:02 PM)Googolplex Wrote: World never will forget Frictional Games.
It can't be said better than thatSmile

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
12-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Website Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

Frictional really needs to make something new, their games have been pretty much carbon copies of each other. Amnesia is pretty much like Penumbra but with minor gameplay tweaks, new story and new setting. After awhile it gets boring to run down corridors, hide in a closet from flappy faces and occasionaly solve a puzzle or two.

I've got to agree with yathzee, it's not a very good game. If you take away the great scares and excellent sound design it will just be bunch of linear levels tied together. What they have done with limited people is pretty impressive but eh.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2011, 09:57 PM by Arvuti.)
12-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Find
Yarashiel Offline

(12-07-2011, 09:35 PM)Arvuti Wrote: Frictional really needs to make something new, their games have been pretty much carbon copies of each other. Amnesia is pretty much like Penumbra but with minor gameplay tweaks, new story and new setting. After awhile it gets boring to run down corridors, hide in a closet from flappy faces and occasionaly solve a puzzle or two.

I've got to agree with yathzee, it's not a very good game. If you take away the great scares and excellent sound design it will just be bunch of linear levels tied together. What they have done with limited people is pretty impressive but eh.
Frictional games are not only about great sound design (which is done by another firm), their gameplay loop and gameplay mechanics are innovative and fit perfectly with the survival horror games.
Have you noticed the camera effects?
Have you noticed your movements sped down while your sanity was down ?
Do you know that you can fall to the ground if your sanity is way too low, which lead to noise and attract monsters?
Didn't you used the "q" and "e" button to look beyond a corridor?
Was lighting up a candle a decisive choice for you while playing?
edit : no weapons.

All these elements are Game Design choices (even the First Person is intentional) and are not so obvious (why weren't they in other games?).

If you had these feelings then you can understand which emotion and "intention/experience" the Frictional team wanted to give us by designing those games.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2011, 10:44 PM by Yarashiel.)
12-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Find