Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you sign this petition for FG to create a patch with the features discuss bellow?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
4 50.00%
No
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Petition. Target: FG
Victor Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Petition. Target: FG

What about corpses with clothes?
12-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Viewing your list at the moment I'm seeing some of the features implemented in HPL3. I really would like FG to make this available now, but I honestly do not think they will do it. And I support that. Attention should be kept on HPL3.

Still (dreaming along) I'd like to add something to your list. Make it possible to bind objects to enemies; much in the same way as the lantern is bound to the player's hand. It would be much easier to add weapons, tools etc. to enemies.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

12-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

I'm not sure if this could count, because its more of a issue with objects themselves...

I sought out to create a old-school type of platforming game. I got it to partially work, but left it alone because of frustrating limitations. One being that if you stand on a box (I made it really big) and you give that box a vertical AddPropImpulse, you would simply fall right through it. But if I gave it a X/Y movement, you would be alright...

Other little scripts like AddAttachedPropToProp should actually work also. Sad

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2011, 07:41 PM by Rapture.)
12-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

(12-11-2011, 06:29 PM)Acies Wrote: Viewing your list at the moment I'm seeing some of the features implemented in HPL3. I really would like FG to make this available now, but I honestly do not think they will do it. And I support that. Attention should be kept on HPL3.

Still (dreaming along) I'd like to add something to your list. Make it possible to bind objects to enemies; much in the same way as the lantern is bound to the player's hand. It would be much easier to add weapons, tools etc. to enemies.
Ability to bind something to a bone already requires messing around with the engine. Even so I'll add this to the list.

(12-11-2011, 07:41 PM)Rapture Wrote: I'm not sure if this could count, because its more of a issue with objects themselves...

I sought out to create a old-school type of platforming game. I got it to partially work, but left it alone because of frustrating limitations. One being that if you stand on a box (I made it really big) and you give that box a vertical AddPropImpulse, you would simply fall right through it. But if I gave it a X/Y movement, you would be alright...

Other little scripts like AddAttachedPropToProp should actually work also. Sad
You chose the wrong engine for that.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
12-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Rapture, try MoveObjects instead.

12-12-2011, 01:02 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

With moveObjecttoWC function you could actually move the objects exactly how you wanted...I really think it'd bring many advantages for us developers(and certainly for FG, because we'd be developing better quality content). I guess we'll just have to wait for FG's reply(which I think it's no, but let's be hopefull).

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
12-12-2011, 01:51 AM
Find