Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you sign this petition for FG to create a patch with the features discuss bellow?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
4 50.00%
No
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Petition. Target: FG
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
Petition. Target: FG

I don't exactly know if I'm going to get any support on this, but I think that we developers have suffered enough setbacks in our projects by having to turn around from easy to integrate features.

I'd ask anyone that agrees with me and thinks that it's GREATLY improve the community and projects developed by it by integrating the following features, by the means of releasing a patch for the game.

Well, I'd then suggest and ask for anyone interested in this to add anything(we can't ask too much ofc) to this list:

-Object World Coordinate related functions: getEntityWorldCoordinates, getPlayerWorldCoordinates, teleportPlayerToWC, moveObjectToWorldCoordinate, createObjectAtWC, createAreaAtWC(maxX, minX, maxY, minY....). I ask this because this would help a lot to do an infinite ammount of new things. Objects moving around, checking distances, creating velocity vectors, checking directions, creating objects at specific places, checking the direction an object is facing, rotate an object via IG and so on and so on. I don't think this is hard at all to integrate.

-Function getPlayersKeyPressed. Will return an integer for the keys pressed by the player. like 30 for ALT, 20 for ctrl and 50 for Ctrl+Alt. The common way of doing it.

-Ability to have objects with translation animations(if it's possible already, I never managed to do this).

-Make it possible to bind objects to enemies; much in the same way as the lantern is bound to the player's hand. It would be much easier to add weapons, tools etc. to enemies.

-Allow images to be streamed into the game. I mean, placing them in the game screen as an HUD element.

Now, this is probably asking toooo Much, but...

- Give us access to hand objects scripts, giving us the ability to code new objects of whatever types we want to.(no idea how hard this is, so it's nothing to really ask)

Whoever feels like this is really needed, please give your opinion and most important, vote for this above.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2011, 10:21 PM by nemesis567.)
12-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Petition. Target: FG

createObjectAtWC

If I get my hands on this, I could create minecraft in amnesia!

12-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Not only minecraft. You could even use destroyObject and createObject to move objects exactly the way you wanted(by increasing between the create and destroy just a very small ammount and using a continuous function to decide which coordinates to change and how).

Just added something to the list.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2011, 05:05 PM by nemesis567.)
12-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

By the looks of HPL3, all of this may already be implemented. What we basically need is access to the engine, and HPL3 seems to give us a lot of access.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Website Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

I think they should keep their focus on finalizing HPL3, so asking them to implement these things for HPL2 doesn't seem like a good idea.

These are all things I'd like, but maybe for the next engine.

12-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

I don't see HPL3 coming out anytime soon. That's the problem.

MyComputer, exactly. All we need is access to the engine.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2011, 05:23 PM by nemesis567.)
12-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(12-08-2011, 05:23 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: I don't see HPL3 coming out anytime soon. That's the problem.

In either case you'd be waiting a long time. At least with the HPL3 engine they're already familiar with the new code.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Website Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

I doubt it. The world coordinates and keypresses are easy to implement. At least they'd have been in HPL1.

12-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Yeah, I hope they do indeed implement the features you've mentioned, as well as more. I don't think they ever expected the modding community to push the envelope as far as some people have when they built HPL2.

12-09-2011, 02:05 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Well they did. If we had access to the engine source, we could easily implement this. This way I think it's their duty to give us what we need. After all, what we do is beneficial for them in different levels. It's because of us that Amnesia is still alive. It's not that hard to give us the ability to move on to a whole different level. Too bad most people(atm) don't think this is a good idea. I'd ask Non Developers or the ones that just started out to keep away from this thread as they've got no experience to be able to give an honest vote(it's not that I have anything against them).

12-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Find