Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Other - A Short Custom Story (Patched)
downquark Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Other - A Short Custom Story

(12-10-2011, 11:27 PM)triadtimes Wrote: Do you know the name? I kinda want to read it now. (Is that weird?)

Not weird at all. It's an awesome story called I am the Doorway by Stephen King. The story was pretty easy to find again - I was sure it's by King and the name is still very intriguing. I think I might reread it myself. :)

12-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Find
triadtimes Offline

Threads: 16

(12-11-2011, 12:23 PM)downquark Wrote:
(12-10-2011, 11:27 PM)triadtimes Wrote: Do you know the name? I kinda want to read it now. (Is that weird?)

Not weird at all. It's an awesome story called I am the Doorway by Stephen King. The story was pretty easy to find again - I was sure it's by King and the name is still very intriguing. I think I might reread it myself. Smile
Cool, I'll check it out in the morning.

12-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Find
SierenH Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Other - A Short Custom Story (Patched)

this sounds like a good idea
if only you could make it into a full story.
12-15-2011, 07:59 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

So I must say this is a very well made map, although I think its main flaw if that, well the statue didn't look all too much like slenderman Tongue it's understanable though, since I don't think anyone would spend a significant ammount of time on a model like that for a 5 minute long custom story. I think that trick might have worked better if you'd just put a really intense spot light behind it and activated "cast shadows". My only other complaint would be that i felt the players reaction to seeing him was a little odd. In all the slender related media I've seen so far when you encounter him it's not just like "oh no that's a bad thing! I should leave!" no, it's more of an "OH HOLY FUC-" *loses consciousness and wakes up in the middle of the woods 10 hours later* you know what I mean? I think I'm being a little nit-picky though, but that's only cause I'm a HUGE slender fan. But overall, you did a great job on this! Hope to see more custom stories from you in the future Big Grin

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2011, 08:21 AM by Kman.)
12-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Website Find
Zumper Offline

Threads: 4

I really liked it, let's hope you make more custom story!
12-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Find
JayMacGaming Offline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47ZqdK-Ne0Y

Thought I'd share with you my short little playthrough of this story.

All in all I really enjoyed it but my response is that same as most short custom stories receive as being:

"Awww, man! Why isn't this longer? I WISH THIS WAS LONGER!"

I really enjoyed this story quite a bit, even if it was so short. I particularly enjoyed the little things that one couldn't do in a regular mod such as the typical "note" was replaced with a notebook and that curtains could be pulled apart. Looking back it was kind of interesting that there were no lanterns, tinderboxes, oils, or potions but that fit well for the short story. Maybe if the story was expanded it could still fit that those aren't included. I liked the story and the dates for the story were perfect.

Despite it not being all that scary of a mod the end really did get me. I wasn't sure how you would implement the 'slenderman' based bit of it but that was a really interesting way to go about it.

I don't know. I'm not particularly one to analyze a story and leave a review; just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed this custom story! For some reason I really liked it and I hope to see more of this kind of story from you, if possible. Wink
12-20-2011, 12:26 AM
Find
triadtimes Offline

Threads: 16

(12-15-2011, 08:19 AM)kman Wrote: So I must say this is a very well made map, although I think its main flaw if that, well the statue didn't look all too much like slenderman Tongue it's understanable though, since I don't think anyone would spend a significant ammount of time on a model like that for a 5 minute long custom story. I think that trick might have worked better if you'd just put a really intense spot light behind it and activated "cast shadows". My only other complaint would be that i felt the players reaction to seeing him was a little odd. In all the slender related media I've seen so far when you encounter him it's not just like "oh no that's a bad thing! I should leave!" no, it's more of an "OH HOLY FUC-" *loses consciousness and wakes up in the middle of the woods 10 hours later* you know what I mean? I think I'm being a little nit-picky though, but that's only cause I'm a HUGE slender fan. But overall, you did a great job on this! Hope to see more custom stories from you in the future Big Grin
You sure do know your Slendy, kman. I'll be sure to contact you as a consultant if I ever work with the idea again. But really, glad you liked it!

(12-20-2011, 12:26 AM)JayMacGaming Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47ZqdK-Ne0Y

All in all I really enjoyed it but my response is that same as most short custom stories receive as being:

I really enjoyed this story quite a bit, even if it was so short. I particularly enjoyed the little things that one couldn't do in a regular mod such as the typical "note" was replaced with a notebook and that curtains could be pulled apart. Looking back it was kind of interesting that there were no lanterns, tinderboxes, oils, or potions but that fit well for the short story. Maybe if the story was expanded it could still fit that those aren't included. I liked the story and the dates for the story were perfect.

Despite it not being all that scary of a mod the end really did get me. I wasn't sure how you would implement the 'slenderman' based bit of it but that was a really interesting way to go about it.

I don't know. I'm not particularly one to analyze a story and leave a review; just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed this custom story! For some reason I really liked it and I hope to see more of this kind of story from you, if possible. Wink
I'm glad you enjoyed it! Would you mind if I added your LP to the main post?

Also, I decided to do a commentary/walkthrough of Other myself, check it out (main post).

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2011, 06:23 AM by triadtimes.)
12-22-2011, 05:21 AM
Find
Technobrain Offline

Jesus.. i now got insomnia
01-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Find
JayMacGaming Offline

(12-22-2011, 05:21 AM)triadtimes Wrote:
(12-15-2011, 08:19 AM)kman Wrote: So I must say this is a very well made map, although I think its main flaw if that, well the statue didn't look all too much like slenderman Tongue it's understanable though, since I don't think anyone would spend a significant ammount of time on a model like that for a 5 minute long custom story. I think that trick might have worked better if you'd just put a really intense spot light behind it and activated "cast shadows". My only other complaint would be that i felt the players reaction to seeing him was a little odd. In all the slender related media I've seen so far when you encounter him it's not just like "oh no that's a bad thing! I should leave!" no, it's more of an "OH HOLY FUC-" *loses consciousness and wakes up in the middle of the woods 10 hours later* you know what I mean? I think I'm being a little nit-picky though, but that's only cause I'm a HUGE slender fan. But overall, you did a great job on this! Hope to see more custom stories from you in the future Big Grin
You sure do know your Slendy, kman. I'll be sure to contact you as a consultant if I ever work with the idea again. But really, glad you liked it!

(12-20-2011, 12:26 AM)JayMacGaming Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47ZqdK-Ne0Y

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Would you mind if I added your LP to the main post?

Also, I decided to do a commentary/walkthrough of Other myself, check it out (main post).
Certainly! You are free to use my LP in the main post if you like. Big Grin
01-11-2012, 02:11 AM
Find
wowman15 Offline

(12-11-2011, 12:15 AM)AFSStudio Wrote: A fatal error by encounter.hps - (23, 32) (166, 10) (167, 19) (172, 9) Wink

(12-11-2011, 12:15 AM)AFSStudio Wrote: A fatal error by encounter.hps - (23, 32) (166, 10) (167, 19) (172, 9) Wink

It's just only points that need to be removed. That should be correct the error.
It works!
worked on me. 5 minutes CS lol Big Grin

01-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Find