Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redist
Zumper Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Redist

Hello,

I have big problem i have purchased amnesia on steam, and somebody just say it's to put the custom story on the custom_stories folder. But some files they say need to be in redist, so they say i need to put it on the redist and all will be fine. But, when i do that doesn't the orginal settings removed because i add other map?

I USE MAC!

Hope you understand!
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2011, 06:24 PM by Zumper.)
12-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Redist

the "redist" folder on the mac for steam is located in your home folder under Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/amnesia the dark descent/. The custom stories folder is also there.. You can also get to that folder by clicking the "Open Custom Stories" button in the launcher (a nicety I added to the mac version).

now, as long as you don't overwrite files, it won't affect the original game (for the most part). but I do wonder what files they are wanting to add that they couldn't add into the custom_stories folder?? As nearly everything can go in the custom_stories folder without issue.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
12-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Website Find
Zumper Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Redist

(12-13-2011, 07:11 PM)Urkle Wrote: the "redist" folder on the mac for steam is located in your home folder under Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/amnesia the dark descent/. The custom stories folder is also there.. You can also get to that folder by clicking the "Open Custom Stories" button in the launcher (a nicety I added to the mac version).

now, as long as you don't overwrite files, it won't affect the original game (for the most part). but I do wonder what files they are wanting to add that they couldn't add into the custom_stories folder?? As nearly everything can go in the custom_stories folder without issue.
Alright, thanks!
12-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Find