Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(UPDATE 06/6/12)Amnesia FC Mod: The Frost Series
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
(UPDATE 06/6/12)Amnesia FC Mod: The Frost Series

This is yet another project im working on. (the title will most likely change, or not)

Story (posting it now while its fresh):

The silent, though destructive powers of which mankind has released over years of unknowing ignorance into the atmosphere, has caused a global catastrophe; predicted, though ignored. The catastrophe caused polar areas to melt; rapidly bringing an ice age upon us to siege the lands; leaving only a slim area of habitable terrain near the equator. World leaders turned on each other, in fight over the remaining lands the earth had to offer our petty existence. A natural dis-balance has occurred, and you; Garry Wright, are caught in a clash between the nations, a year after the global catastrophe. With your vessel declining, you jump ship and find yourself striking down near the outskirts of Dallas, being the only survivor on your vessel. Cold, trapped and lost, you decide to suit up, and head to the closest city. On your journey you pass over remnants of a society you had long forgotten about; Our self-induced catastrophe which spawned chaos worldwide, and finally, our eventual doom. But, the catastrophe made way for a new threat to society; one we could never have predicted.

UPDATE: (1/7/12): 8 maps are currently done.. in progress of making custom mobs and detailing the different maps.

What I've figured out: I've had some amazing brainstorming ideas on this story, and I've decided to make this a 3 (2) part story

This will from now officially be named: Frost

Episodes (planned names(bound to change)

The Frost Series - Part 1: Reditus
The Frost Series - Part 2: Equinox
The Frost Series - Part 2: Apocalyptia

screenshots will be posted in the next few hours.

STAY TUNED! ^^

(UPDATE 1/9/12):

LOOKING FOR VOICE ACTORS!

I'm in serious need of some voice actors.

If you have a mature voice, with a sort of british tinge to it, then please, I'd appreciate if you could voice act for me!

Characters:

-Garry Wright: Protagonist. ~25-30 years of age. Greatly developed in the science branch; though mainly around the biological, chemical and nuclear sections. Qualified for the job of solution studies for his out-of-the-box thinking, and genuine and clever solutions to almost every problem he was faced with. Currently serves as a nuclear engineer aboard "Case"

- Richard Palmer: Antagonist. ~50 years of age. greatly developed in the biological branch of study. Former employee of Green-co. The idea of various biological solutions existing originated from him. Quite the manipulative man. M.I.A/K.I.A

- Commander Jenkins: ~40 years of age. Commands the "Arthemeus". Was ranked "Commander" for his brave actions in the post-apoc conflicts in the military branch; and is a very respected, strict, though understanding individual.

- AI : Has the voice of a woman in her 40's. has quite the artificial voice, and isn't "aware" of her existence. More lines of her will be provided personally, so that it wont spoil too much.

read these lines and send it to me through: bendik.nyhus@hotmail.com

A few for the Overlord (who currently speaks through the concious mind of Richard):

////line to read\\\\ (Madly persuasive)

Richard: Can you see,Garry? Can you see, her promise of a collective mind; to bring mankind together. To create a true unified system?

Heres one for Garry:
////line to read\\\\ (Highly aggressive)

1: This is MAD. YOU'RE INSANE. To HELL with you, AND your vision!

Heres a few for the commander:
////next line to read(separate file and situation)\\\\

[i][u]Commander Jenkins:

1:We're tracking you on the OSS II military satelite, it'll give us an easier job of leading you.

2:Garry? Are you alright? We've lost visual confirmation of your location

Beneath this are the AI voice-acting lines. Its a spoiler for those of you who don't consider doing voice acting.

Spoiler below!

Facility AI:

"Electrical surges: controlled"

"Core shields: Stable"

"H2O Feed: Steady"

"Power output: 94.5%"

"Make sure to, check the cafeteria's, wide variety of, choices for, today's meals. A healthy, well fed worker, is a, happy worker."

"Access, denied"

"Access, approved"

"Doors, closing"

"Activating, lights"

etc.etc.etc.

Find stuff that you would normally hear in a facility, along with what has been mentioned above.

Its quite the long part, but personally I think whoever decides to do it will have a lot of fun.

UPDATE: 02/06/12

TRAILER RELEASED!

watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/m09s0rYq_nw (no longer avalible)

(this trailer is quite dull, and really isnt suited towards the recent changes of the story. expect some drastical changes.)

UPDATE: (06/6/12):

- Drastically changed the storyline. I also started scripting various maps, and still working on setting this up as a FC

- The storyline is roughly summed up in my brain, so I will most likely have to have someone beta test this eventually.

- Changed this from a 3 part story, to a 2 part story. Reditus, and Apocalyptia

- Gave slightly detailed descriptions of a few characters in the story.

- Done some various models, and worked with various scripts and sound-creation. I have the maps set up in my head, I love it when that happens.. -_-''

- Still need some hefty work done on the story section. I have the story, but it needs a bit more depth. If anyone wants to help id appreciate it.

- Will probably try post a vid soon about the different things ive done so far.. but, meh, ill see.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2013, 09:30 AM by Mine Turtle.)
12-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Amnesia Custom Story: The Frost

It's nice to see a fresh idea in the forums =] Can't wait to see screenshots and updates! I love apocalyptic environments, and an ice one at that? Count me in to play!
12-17-2011, 08:42 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Polar ice caps melt, then subsequently freeze the whole world. Brain = confused. But it is nice to see something not centered around "forgetting" or "waking up in an unknown dungeon".

12-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

(12-17-2011, 08:49 PM)palistov Wrote: Polar ice caps melt, then subsequently freeze the whole world. Brain = confused. But it is nice to see something not centered around "forgetting" or "waking up in an unknown dungeon".
was gonna implement a really unrealistic factor for the ice movement, which made ice from the bays of the continents grow inwards, but that would be even more unrealistic and unspecific so i just made the icecap story as it was XD. thanks a bunch tho! ^^
12-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(12-17-2011, 08:49 PM)palistov Wrote: Polar ice caps melt, then subsequently freeze the whole world. Brain = confused. But it is nice to see something not centered around "forgetting" or "waking up in an unknown dungeon".
1) thats kinda how the ice ages happened, a new one is predicted to come early because of our pollution. I believe it.

2) Agreed, that's what I mean by "fresh"
12-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

(12-17-2011, 08:42 PM)Statyk Wrote: It's nice to see a fresh idea in the forums =] Can't wait to see screenshots and updates! I love apocalyptic environments, and an ice one at that? Count me in to play!
thanks a bunch man! ^^, been kinda wanting to make a decent story lately, seeing that most people only focus on pewdiepie... screenshots are comming soon! very soon! ^^
12-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(12-17-2011, 08:54 PM)darkadders Wrote: thanks a bunch man! ^^, been kinda wanting to make a decent story lately, seeing that most people only focus on pewdiepie... screenshots are comming soon! very soon! ^^
Sounds awesome =] And omg, Please take this seriously as a story! No offense to PewDie, but you don't know how much it pleases me to see a good story on here every once in a while.

12-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

One of the most creative ideas i've seen in a long time Big Grin the story on it's own is awesome and the fact that it's all based around ice makes it that much better. Can't wait for this one!

Posting Freak
12-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Website Find
Mine Turtle Offline

(12-17-2011, 08:56 PM)Statyk Wrote:
(12-17-2011, 08:54 PM)darkadders Wrote: thanks a bunch man! ^^, been kinda wanting to make a decent story lately, seeing that most people only focus on pewdiepie... screenshots are comming soon! very soon! ^^
Sounds awesome =] And omg, Please take this seriously as a story! No offense to PewDie, but you don't know how much it pleases me to see a good story on here every once in a while.
haha, im very detailed when it comes to stories and mapping. hopefully this will grow into a 2 or 3 part series ^^

ill try build these story maps as far away from pewdiepie items as possible.. dont worry xD

thanks for your comments though man! it really inspires me to do this story wit great detail and perfection! ^^
(12-17-2011, 10:01 PM)kman Wrote: One of the most creative ideas i've seen in a long time Big Grin the story on it's own is awesome and the fact that it's all based around ice makes it that much better. Can't wait for this one!
thanks man! ^^
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2011, 10:04 PM by Mine Turtle.)
12-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Yes I know that Statyk but not within three years XD

12-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Find