Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blurred vertical line that moves
phippsy Offline

Threads: 9
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago blurred vertical line that moves

i am getting an annoying blurred line that goes vertical across my screen with amnesia and penumbra which stops when i put vsync on ive seen other people able to play this game without vsync like my freind who has a nvidia 550ti. i can play games like skyrim and not get this whys this game different and whats going on
12-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: blurred vertical line that moves

Some games implement something similar to vsync but not exactly. This is why in some games you don't need to enable vsync. The blurred line is called screen tearing. This can occur when the FPS is greater than your monitor's refresh rate. The game by default limits the FPS to 60, which is a common refresh rate. There is also the possibility that the graphics card driver is enabling vsync in the background regardless of whether or not vsync is enabled in game: this is probably why your friend can play without having to enable vsync.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2011, 12:24 AM by Your Computer.)
12-19-2011, 11:39 PM
Website Find
HCoNDe Offline

Threads: 1

(12-19-2011, 11:33 PM)phippsy Wrote: i am getting an annoying blurred line that goes vertical across my screen with amnesia and penumbra which stops when i put vsync on ive seen other people able to play this game without vsync like my freind who has a nvidia 550ti. i can play games like skyrim and not get this whys this game different and whats going on
happened to me yesterday, solve it by changing the frequency of the monitor 60 to 75

http://frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-11936.html
12-20-2011, 08:46 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I have the same problem. I also have an ATI Radeon 4890 GPU like HCoNDe.

I will try to find out how to change the frequency of my monitor... But if I can't then could any let me know how?

Okay, I think i've done it.

For those who want to know then you go into Control Panel > Display > Change Display Settings > Advanced Settings > Monitor > Change to any of your options.

TIPS: Make sure you have the little box warning ticked. Some of the other frequencies are hidden to help not harm your display.

LCD's apparently only goes up to 60. (Mine only allows 59 or 60)

[Image: luv.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2012, 02:22 AM by Wooderson.)
01-08-2012, 02:09 AM
Find