Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hermoor's models II
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Hermoor's models II

(04-16-2012, 01:59 PM)Hermoor Wrote:
(04-16-2012, 11:43 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: First of all: Yaay! Smile
Now for some propositions: I imagined the funeral gown to be much more loose fitting, having a complete lack of waist and be more "wrinkly"/"vertically curvy"(?). (You know, the word that curtains usually are.) Sure, you won't be able to see protruding ribs through it, but it will remove the attractive female form. Also, bare feet instead of socks, please. Smile
Edit: The sleeves should probably end before the bony wrists. The gown should pretty much look like it's resting on her bony shoulders.
Completely lack of waist huh...you can see that even samara has a waist.
http://dsd32.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/samara.jpg

In fact if it's a dress she is wearing or a gown or whatever the waist is always noticed. Now yes it could be more loosely fit. But there must be a waist otherwise she would look not so much like a human. I get what you mean though less corset...and more samara.

The curves as in any game model would have to be seen through the texture. It would be too high poly otherwise, or at least too high poly for me. Actually I don't really think one would notice it much, plus it would be messy if someone would be to animate her. Even in modern games it's not very common to see cloth simulations. Only games I can think of that has it is Assasin's creed.

I like your bony wrists and bony shoulders, NOTED! I'll probably finish the model tonight and then start with the texturing tomorrow. Maybe it will be finished tomorrow...depends. Now I wonder, will you be able to animate it?
There's still a lot of story maps to make, but when the time comes, I will learn to animate it. I've had only small experience of bone animations, but I'm dedicated.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

Threads: 8

Ok the model is done, changing it isn't possible at this point...or it is but I won't do it. Smile Texturing will happen as soon as I got the time. You want it to be like Samara right from the ring? Just one question you want the creepy face...or a sweet girl's face?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ntCRsgIHxmE/To...a_ring.jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9G...NICuxh5TIg

[Image: uwyp.png]

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live"
-Lin Yutang
04-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-19-2012, 03:45 PM)Hermoor Wrote: Ok the model is done, changing it isn't possible at this point...or it is but I won't do it. Smile Texturing will happen as soon as I got the time. You want it to be like Samara right from the ring? Just one question you want the creepy face...or a sweet girl's face?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9G...NICuxh5TIg

[Image: uwyp.png]
Well, Samara is the best estimate. If it needs any finishing touches, I can probably learn to do them myself.
The creepy Samara with the rotting skin, of course. Smile

04-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

Ok started the texturing, here is a little wip. Don't worry nothing is done yet.
[Image: 2lmxv7s.png]

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live"
-Lin Yutang
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2012, 04:08 PM by Hermoor.)
04-20-2012, 04:08 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-20-2012, 04:08 PM)Hermoor Wrote: Ok started the texturing, here is a little wip. Don't worry nothing is done yet.
[Image: 2lmxv7s.png]
Looks good! Smile
Could you make her sleeves two times as loose and 2.5 decimeter longer, though, so that we clearly see her wrists, but not much after that? Also, most of her face will be covered by hair anyway, so don't focus too much on that. Smile

04-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

Well I could make her sleeves looser as in hanging further down. Though I don't think I can make them too loose since I don't think you will animate the cloth...when her arms would be moving around the cloth would be stiff...which would look odd. So I think we should try to keep it not so loose...but then again maybe you will be animating her cloth. I thought you said you had never animated anything in which case I doubt you will be able to animate her moving around...and animate a cloth simulation on top of that.

If you think you can do it I maybe could make the sleeves a bit looser. However at this point it's not possible to make her sleeves longer as in going further down her arm. I was following this when I modeled her hair...this is also what I'm looking at for the face. So I think quite a lot of the face will be seen, plus it just so happens to be the face that is most fun to texture so if you don't mind I'm going to try to make it super creepy...maybe some warts and dry skin...paler of course. Dark rings under her eyes...

Right now she looks grim, I want to get that facial expression of disgust...

-Lin Yutang
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2012, 04:49 PM by Hermoor.)
04-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

That girl is looking amazing!Keep up the good work.And btw can i use that too?

04-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-20-2012, 05:01 PM)Datguy5 Wrote: That girl is looking amazing!Keep up the good work.And btw can i use that too?
I intended it to be both for me and for the sake of the community, and my story will take time, so personally I have nothing against you or anyone using it. (Be sure to credit Hermoor.)
PS. If you make her a flying Jesus, I will haunt you. Please don't.

(04-20-2012, 04:48 PM)Hermoor Wrote: Well I could make her sleeves looser as in hanging further down. Though I don't think I can make them too loose since I don't think you will animate the cloth...when her arms would be moving around the cloth would be stiff...which would look odd. So I think we should try to keep it not so loose...but then again maybe you will be animating her cloth. I thought you said you had never animated anything in which case I doubt you will be able to animate her moving around...and animate a cloth simulation on top of that.

If you think you can do it I maybe could make the sleeves a bit looser. However at this point it's not possible to make her sleeves longer as in going further down her arm. I was following this when I modeled her hair...this is also what I'm looking at for the face. So I think quite a lot of the face will be seen, plus it just so happens to be the face that is most fun to texture so if you don't mind I'm going to try to make it super creepy...maybe some warts and dry skin...paler of course. Dark rings under her eyes...

Right now she looks grim, I want to get that facial expression of disgust...
You go with what you think looks best. Smile
I will try to animate the model later, but other people won't be as skilled, and I might require Maya, and that software costs serious money.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2012, 05:23 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

Dont worry i dont make flying jesuses anymore XD And is she an enemy or just a ragdoll?

04-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-20-2012, 05:30 PM)Datguy5 Wrote: Dont worry i dont make flying jesuses anymore XD And is she an enemy or just a ragdoll?
She'll be a ragdoll, at least until somebody animates her. ...so there's not much you can do with her yet.

04-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Find