Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimisation help
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23
Optimisation help

I'm having massive fps problems on my first map. It could just be down to the fact that my laptop is terrible, but I think there is more to it than that. I have tried placing black planes behind all the walls to occlude everything behind them, but I thougt the engine would do that anyways :/

The map is 3mb in size, and I know that is a lot for a single map, but the majority of this is due to decals.

Any suggestions on how to get a fps improvement without having to remove the decals, which imo are very important in keeping the repeating patterns on the textures hidden

Cheers

12-24-2011, 03:32 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Optimisation help

I'm not sure if this will help, but open the map in MapView So a .map_cache is made, then try playing again. map_caches register static_objects in place and make it easier for the game to remember. Though be aware if you plan to add more to the map and come across issues, delete the map_cache and the issue may be solved as simple as that... map_caches are best for when the map file is 100% complete.
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2011, 06:04 AM by Statyk.)
12-24-2011, 06:04 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Optimisation help

3 MB? Sounds like you've got ~1000 decals around your map eh? Don't use more than 100, I say. That'll probably be your problem.

12-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Find