Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Elder Scrolls
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: The Elder Scrolls

I think he meant Oblivion, which is true, that game was bland as a canvas on the atmosphere department.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
12-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

Oblivion felt too much of a like, bright realistic fantasy. It's armors looked like shit too.

12-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

(12-30-2011, 07:05 PM)nackidno Wrote: I think he meant Oblivion, which is true, that game was bland as a canvas on the atmosphere department.
I meant Oblivion, i'm really sorry. But they all have a nice atmosphere overall, Oblivion just had the worst.

@Arvuti Oblivion had beautiful moments too.

It may have a worse atmosphere than Skyrim and Morrowind but it's still beautiful.

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2011, 05:31 PM by BlueFury.)
12-31-2011, 05:20 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Being a massive fan of RuneScape, you would have thought i'd have played atleast one of these games. But Skyrim is the first of the series that I had ever heard of before. Shame really, because these games look pretty epic and the graphics looked good for their time. The atmosphere looks great, even if it was perhaps a little too bright in Oblivion.

Do you need to have played on all the games to understand the story though? If so then I don't think i'll be playing Skyrim anytime soon.

[Image: luv.gif]
12-31-2011, 06:47 PM
Find
Dewi Offline

Threads: 1

It's sad if you play Skyrim as first TES game.
Making my character look good in Oblivion took me 60 minutes, just because of the graphical differences. Apart from that, I somehow don't want to play it, because it's like going down in terms of quality.

I personally think I'll touch Skyrim less now I've completed the Dark Brotherhood quests. Those were really amazing..

I also thought of playing Arena, but I can't stand old graphics and a high difficulty, and thus I doubt I will.
01-01-2012, 04:45 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

I have never played an Elder Scrolls game.

I'll probably try Daggerfall though, when XLengine is a bit further along.
01-01-2012, 05:45 AM
Find
hoppem Offline

Threads: 13

(12-31-2011, 06:47 PM)Lucke Wrote: Being a massive fan of RuneScape, you would have thought i'd have played atleast one of these games. But Skyrim is the first of the series that I had ever heard of before. Shame really, because these games look pretty epic and the graphics looked good for their time. The atmosphere looks great, even if it was perhaps a little too bright in Oblivion.

Do you need to have played on all the games to understand the story though? If so then I don't think i'll be playing Skyrim anytime soon.
i recommend playing oblivion first but if you want to play skyrim first you can because theres an in game book that explains the whole storyline in oblivion

and i loved oblivion yes there were plenty of glitches and it was a bit to bright but thats what i think they meant cyrodiil to imitate and if you go down towards bravil and leyawiin it gets dreary and grey

01-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Find
BlueFury Offline

@Lucke
I'd strongly advise you to start with Morrowind, play Oblivion afterwards and Skyrim at last. I can't remember much from when i completed Morrowind a few years ago but it had a storyline i think. Just don't start with Skyrim, it's not the best thing to do.

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
01-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Most of the armors looks shit in Skyrim.
I don't like this fat fantasy armors. I prefer realistic armors without superboss look.
And good graphics is not compared with good atmosphere.
I doesn't play Skyrim, because it looks like an action fighting RPG.
I prefer games like Gothic I & II.
01-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Find
BlueFury Offline

Actually i HATE it when people don't play the new games because of the graphics/overdone looks of armors etc and play games like Daggerfall instead. Morrowind is wonderful, but i'm never, ever playing daggerfall again it was just pure rubbish. Anyone remember the: "HALT! HALT! HALT!" from the guards? That was just a joke, right?

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2012, 06:07 PM by BlueFury.)
01-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Find