Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help for making a Commentary with 'Facecam'
ThePatEmpire Offline

Threads: 2
Help for making a Commentary with 'Facecam'

With my Youtube account I receive alot of questions on how I include a 'facecam' with my Amnesia videos.

I'm sure alot of you guys want to know to so I made a lovely video helping =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_XVmsSEvBc

If you have any questions let me know Wink

Thanks guys!

PS. If you need a custom map played with a facecam and such, just send me a link and i'll be happy to!
12-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Help for making a Commentary with 'Facecam'

THANK YOU!

I subbed by the way because of it.

Is their any other way apart from using the trial/bought version of that YouCam software?

Also, depending on your computer I would have thought that using Sony Vegas to record audio would cause lag as that program usually does.

Perhaps recording audio with the free software Audacity would be better as that doesn't cause much lag if any at all. And for the audio coming from the game, I think it's possible to just pick up the sound coming from the game and not a mic in Fraps right? That way there would probably be more syncing but it can't be that hard.

[Image: luv.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2011, 01:35 PM by Wooderson.)
12-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Find
ThePatEmpire Offline

Threads: 2

(12-25-2011, 01:23 PM)Lucke Wrote: THANK YOU!

I subbed by the way because of it.

Is their any other way apart from using the trial/bought version of that YouCam software?

Also, depending on your computer I would have thought that using Sony Vegas to record audio would cause lag as that program usually does.

Perhaps recording audio with the free software Audacity would be better as that doesn't cause much lag if any at all. And for the audio coming from the game, I think it's possible to just pick up the sound coming from the game and not a mic in Fraps right? That way there would probably be more syncing but it can't be that hard.
You can use any webcam recording software you wish, so long as it records whilst you play a game! Also, my computer is shocking! It can't even play games like Oblivion or Borderlands with the fps being ridiculous so you might be okay with recording on Vegas. If not try recording your voice with Fraps you might not get lag!

Thanks for the sub!

12-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Yeah okay, my computer is pretty much brand new and quite high budget so Fraps might not lag. I'll have to do some tests though.

I could actually do a setup like this -

Play and record Amnesia on my PC
Record the facecam using a laptop

The only problems with that is that the laptop isn't great and there WOULD be lag and plus having to transfer the files etc. Yeah.... I need to run some tests! Tongue

[Image: luv.gif]
12-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Find