Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checkpoints without enemies not respawning
Sauron The King Offline

Threads: 10
Checkpoints without enemies not respawning

Hello,

I'm making a custom story. There is a part in which an enemy is chasing you and will brake doors in its way. But if you die, the enemy won't spawn again and some doors are destroyed.
How can I make you respawn, without monsters not respawning and doors still destroyed?

It should be like you saved at a certain point and continue playing from that certain point, while all the events which happened after that point, will happen again.

Grtz,
Brian
12-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Checkpoints without enemies not respawning

Place down another monster at the same spot and then activate it after the previous monster at the checkpoint.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Website Find
Sauron The King Offline

(12-25-2011, 06:15 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Place down another monster at the same spot and then activate it after the previous monster at the checkpoint.
But if you die again, that monster won't come back either.
Isn't there a way that the game saves automatically at different points and automatically loads the last saved game? Doors wouldn't stay broken that way and Checkpoints wouldn't be needed.

12-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

The game was designed so that monsters won't prevent the player from progressing. You would have to reload the map to reactive monsters. If you don't need the monster to follow path nodes, then you can use CreateEntityAtArea to dynamically create monsters.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Website Find
Sauron The King Offline

Thanks for helping! I'm now using the quicksave function ingame so you will keep repeating certain spots. You only have to press F5 when you die, so it's solved Smile

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2011, 02:16 AM by Sauron The King.)
12-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Find