Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.57 Average
Custom Story - The Old Well Chapter I
Beer Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Custom Story - The Old Well Chapter I

Oh i'm missing something downstairs?
And thank you, been searching for an hour...

Commentator - http://www.youtube.com/thebeercake
Need voice actor? steam - k3mdark

12-29-2011, 03:13 AM
Website Find
mannen1338 Offline

Threads: 2

the other one on moddb is gary' secret map...
12-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Find
Vyzor Offline

Threads: 5

(12-29-2011, 04:04 PM)mannen1338 Wrote: the other one on moddb is gary' secret map...
That's awkward I downloaded from it, and seems to be working fine :< moddb is trolling me maybe :p?
Anyways on gary' secret map see if there is similar map names :p

[Image: vyzorbackgroundm.png]
12-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Find
Vyzor Offline

I made a new Trailer here it is:

Trailer#2 The Old Well

12-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

So I played this, it was quite good! Very long and enjoyable Smile my main criticism would be that a lot of the scares and puzzles seemed a little bit forced, like for example
Spoiler below!
the sewer puzzle made almost no sense, I mean why in real life would pipes be hooked up in a way where they would open a door, but yet if something malfunctioned they could also flood an entire area?
also certain monster encounters felt like they were more of gameplay elements rather than just a normal monster encounters
Spoiler below!
like the water monster part, I feel the way that was set up made it feel like you were supposed to come up with some strategy for avoiding them, which kinda broke my immersion
while I'm on the topic of monsters, that would be my other big complaint, that there are just too many monsters! I felt like almost every level had one or two in them, and the whole custom story would have been a lot more scary I think if you paced them out rather than cramming them in every way you could, that way the player would always b on the edge of their seat waiting for the next one. Aside from those problems I have with it, I have to say that the last 20-30 minutes of it were just phenomenal. the way you set up the little town outside was just stunning, I've played around with planes before to try to make a good house like the ones from that town and never gotten CLOSE to making them look that good Smile the cutscene in that area wasn't THAT great, but considering it was Amnesia you were working with I think you did a damn good job with it. Other than that, I think the ocean (although it did cause some super lag) was pretty awesome, same with the church. Overall, this was great! Can't wait for the next chapter!

Posting Freak
12-31-2011, 09:19 PM
Website Find
Vyzor Offline

Thanks for the criticism sir Tongue
Spoiler below!
Related to the sewers to tell you the truth I didn't get much into trying to explain how such thing would happen, myself thought it to be rediculous like how a rock would avoid a ghost to move out (Abandoned Cellar) :p
If I get into trying to develop another custom story I'll be giving more attention to the player immersion.
Taking that aside I am glad you enjoyed the outside area and all that Smile
My next move will be try to involve more people into my work (voice actors, etc).

Happy New Year Everyone!

Thanks once again! Big Grin

Vítor~

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2011, 11:48 PM by Vyzor.)
12-31-2011, 11:17 PM
Find
WookieMang Offline

Threads: 3

Oh yeah, some outside time, don't find a lot of these
I will LP it

Check out my videos --> http://www.youtube.com/user/99Daxc
12-31-2011, 11:27 PM
Find
Ivan4ik Offline

Threads: 0

Great! I liked very much. Already waiting for the continuation. Have more to different voices! Smile
01-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Find
Vyzor Offline

Since people been having problems with the maps names, I reuploaded the custom story with more suitable names, hope it helps Smile
Here's the link since moddb still unauth~

01-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Bug report #1 - When you drop that awesome sexy looking pipe into the water, what is is between the pipe water area, then you are... SCREWWWEEEDDDD, cuz you can't enter the duckling sucky sexy or not sexy water... basically..........

I am screwwed... So.... I''l justt... load another map Sad, and skip that sewer part...

But else so far... COOL STORY, DUDE...

edit: Ok, finished it. Had to use some HAX to finish it ^^...

Well, very very nice custom story for the first time, next time try to make areas "little bit" smaller to reduce lag, as I had some (Maybe it was just because I was livestreaming it to another 5 guys ;D?), anyway, I really loved outdoor map (the final one) & especially the pirate scene.

Good job! Good luck with next Chapter Smile!

Edit2: Khyrpa (whoever he is) said that it was because of too many lit candles Big Grin...

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2012, 05:05 PM by Elven.)
01-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Find