Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Ash Winter - an advent map by Palistov
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
Ash Winter - an advent map by Palistov

Hey guys, here's a short (no, I mean SHORT SHOOOOOOOOORT) map I threw together for JenniferOrange's advent collab. Didn't work out seeing as not many people signed up, which by the way disappoints me Sad and seeing as it's got a holiday flavor to it (sort of...you be the judge) it would be pointless to wait any longer to release it! And I don't feel like waiting 'til next year to release it is a very good idea. I might lose it before then Smile

Enjoy and ermm....don't take it to heart. You'll see what I mean.

Here's a link. Hope you enjoy
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15242496/Ash%20W...listov.rar

There's been a report of major performance issues (probably due to the outdoors area). Works fine and dandy for me though, but if you encounter any performance issues be patient while I try to remedy it. Thanks

No performance issues! The reports came from someone using an alpha-version of my snow particle system -- this particle system degraded performance over time. Not sure exactly why, but it caused a lot of issues. Since I used 5 of my particle systems in this map, the effect on performance was greatly increased.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2011, 07:06 AM by palistov.)
12-28-2011, 02:55 AM
Find
triadtimes Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Ash Winter - an advent map by Palistov

Damn, when you say "SHORT" you mean SHOOOOORT. But really, it was nice.
Spoiler below!
I'm not sure if you want to talk story, but with the title (Ash Winter) and the map itself (barren land outside and the emergency broadcast) is this hinting at something post-apocalyptic? If so, nicely done on that as well.
Overall though I really did enjoy it.

12-28-2011, 06:25 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I was the idiot that caused the performance pandemic... My mistake =P

Also yes, the atmospheric feeling was awesome, I feel this could have been the start of something really crazy. =] I always like post-apocalyptic storylines (though, I can't vouch for Fallout, I'm sorry. =\ )
12-28-2011, 06:42 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

@triadtimes Yeah I'll update the original post to properly reflect its duration. Thanks for the compliment. And yeah you're right about the "story". Exactly what I was trying to emulate Smile

@Statyk nah man I gave you the broken particle system XD

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2011, 09:42 AM by palistov.)
12-28-2011, 07:05 AM
Find