Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Makes me remind of Alone in the Dark
WoNHommer Offline

Threads: 4
Makes me remind of Alone in the Dark

This game makes me remind of Alone in the Dark, that I loved to play.

Its like the same style of game, but its much older. There aren't those mouse-based actions there, but it was an amazing game.
I started playing Penumbra yesterday, and it's awesome! It makes me feel like I'm right there, the game feel so real. Alone in the Dark did too, but less, because it was a 3rd person game...

Have anyone ever played Alone in the Dark? What version? I played 4 (Alone in the Dark - The new Nightmare) Wink

~WoN

Visit my (brazillian) site : Classifieds for games like Guild Wars or Everquest.
07-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
RE: Makes me remind of Alone in the Dark

I played one, but didn't get anywhere. I'm not sure how I got the copy, if it was part of some top ten pak (CD-ROM) or what.
I only remember a girl or woman, in a house, maybe a (hope) chest, a door, maybe some spirit or creature that you see/hear, but it was so many years ago.
07-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Find
WoNHommer Offline

Hehe, It was the best puzzle-action game I ever played Wink
Maybe that will change with Penumbra, right? Tongue

~WoN

Visit my (brazillian) site : Classifieds for games like Guild Wars or Everquest.
07-27-2007, 02:41 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

I liked the first one allthough it had no sound, crappy controls and pretty annoying puzzles Tongue

I played the 2nd one on ps1 aswell and it was pretty cool.
07-27-2007, 08:09 AM
Find
WoNHommer Offline

I loved the 4th one, it's awesome. The puzzles were hard some times, in some puzzles you have to use an item you got like in the beginning of the game. You even had to use some pieces, and put them together to make a key or something...

I didn't play Penumbra very much, but it seems like it will be better than Alone. Hope so! Tongue

~WoN

07-28-2007, 04:30 AM
Find
Unregistered

The New Nithgamre was just amazing,

I still havn't played the whole game with the "female" character

Playing the game with two sepeate characters was neat.

Good puzzles.

One my favorite games
08-20-2007, 01:35 AM