Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downloading custom stories
JBevL Offline

Threads: 1
Downloading custom stories

I recently tried to download Abduction but when I did it wouldn't open correctly because it is stuck as a Windows Media file...any ideas whats going on? I've tried making it always open with WinRar but it still says I can't extract the files to anywhere.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2012, 08:05 PM by JBevL.)
01-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: Downloading custom stories

Do you have winrar or winzip?

01-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Where did you get the download from? I don't know why the file would be a Windows Media file...

You may want to download it again from ModDb if you didn't get it from there. WinRar should be capable of doing the job, but for some reason (occassionally) I can't save the extracted file straight into my custom_stories folder, so I would suggest saving it onto your desktop and then drag it into the folder.

Lastly, are you sure that you downloaded the actual custom story? You may have downloaded the trailer or something (if it has one). If it's a Full Conversion mod then I'm afraid I probably won't be useful anymore :L

[Image: luv.gif]
01-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Find
JBevL Offline

(01-04-2012, 07:35 AM)flamez3 Wrote: Do you have winrar or winzip?
WinRar

(01-04-2012, 05:26 PM)Lucke Wrote: Where did you get the download from? I don't know why the file would be a Windows Media file...

You may want to download it again from ModDb if you didn't get it from there. WinRar should be capable of doing the job, but for some reason (occassionally) I can't save the extracted file straight into my custom_stories folder, so I would suggest saving it onto your desktop and then drag it into the folder.

Lastly, are you sure that you downloaded the actual custom story? You may have downloaded the trailer or something (if it has one). If it's a Full Conversion mod then I'm afraid I probably won't be useful anymore :L
I downloaded from ModDB and yes it is a full conversion custom story. When I try to extract any files from it through WinRar it gives me a dialogue box filled with errors for every file in it.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2012, 06:20 PM by JBevL.)
01-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Right... I think I know what is wrong. I can't totally remember what you have to do, but this video will tell you exactly how to download the full conversion mod.

Skip to about 3:10 for the part on how to download them.

[Image: luv.gif]
01-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Find
JBevL Offline

(01-04-2012, 06:33 PM)Lucke Wrote: Right... I think I know what is wrong. I can't totally remember what you have to do, but this video will tell you exactly how to download the full conversion mod.

Skip to about 3:10 for the part on how to download them.

Thanks for that...I didn't know he had a video that showed how do download them. I actually figured out how to download the full conversion so it isn't a full conversion. It's in my custom_games folder now.

01-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Find