Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CRASH - But only one single map, and NO error!
Rokotain Offline

Threads: 9
RE: CRASH - But only one single map, and NO error!

Quote: so you cannot open this map file anywhere?
What do you exactly mean by that?
I can only open .map files trough the level editor. Isn't that normal, or should I be able to open them with something else as well?
01-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

I mean Amnesia or Level Editor. So, it can open just fine with the Level Editor but not with the game?
01-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Find
Rokotain Offline

(01-05-2012, 08:34 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: I mean Amnesia or Level Editor. So, it can open just fine with the Level Editor but not with the game?
Yes. All seems normal with the exeption of the game crashing whenever I try to load the map in the game.
:/
01-06-2012, 04:12 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

open the file with LevelEditor and attach me the LevelEditor log found at Documents\HPL2 folder. Maybe this log helps more. Otherwise, your map is corrupted maybe.
01-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Find
Rokotain Offline

There is the Level Editor .log

Hope you find something, went trough it myself but I don't understand much.

Attached Files
.log   LevelEditor.log (Size: 20.44 KB / Downloads: 100)
01-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

You are using custom content, that might be the problem. Maybe one of them crashes the game. Open LevelEditor and browse all the categories that you have added custom content. If it crashes in one or more of them then in these categories there are corrupted custom files.
01-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Find
Rokotain Offline

I can't remember ever using custom content, as I don't know where I would have gotten it from. But thanks, I will check this out as this is very weird.

[Edit:]
I went trough the ctrl+f list of all that is on the map, and nothing is "new". Like all that is on there I have either also used on another map or is just standard stuff like potplants and walls for example.

I deleted a few unecessary areas, but even then it still crashes.
Should I just delete the whole thing and make it again? I would only want if it was the last option aviable.
And if so, should I also name it something else, so the game won't think it's the same studium or something?
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2012, 03:52 AM by Rokotain.)
01-07-2012, 03:31 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

mmm, indeed you are not using custom content. It seems then that some game files are corrupted. If the game is from steam make sure you do a file integrity check. If not, try reinstalling the game.
01-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Find
Rokotain Offline

MY game is a non-steam version.
Uninstalling amnesia wouldn't be needed because considering I sendt the map to my friends and they have the same problem. As it is highly unlikely that our amnesias doesn't work.

But now I have another problem suddenly. I decided to remake the map and continue on my custom story.
Problem is my level editor keeps crashing now, and I don't understand what suddenly decided to go wrong with my level editor. I have done nothing out of the ordinary.

This is really frustrating as I've finnaly got the inspiration to continue on my custom story and alot of ideas, but everytime I sit down with a cup of tea for a good session of scripting and level editing something goes wrong.
And if it continues like this I'm afraid I will loose the inspiration.

Thats such a shame considering I finally found good resources and a few voice actors..

I don't touch custom things or add things at all. It's simply where it's always been without anything new as far as I remember. But I really don't think I've done anything to it.

Here is the LevelEditor.log thing.
[EDIT: It didn't show crash in this one, so if you already seen it ignore that one. Uploaded new one now.]
[EDIT 2: Now it doesn't show the crashes in the .log file. It crashes after a few seconds, completly random.]

Attached Files
.log   LevelEditor.log (Size: 6.24 KB / Downloads: 113)
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2012, 10:45 AM by Rokotain.)
01-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Find
TarkoRehin Offline

Threads: 3

I'm going to assume something weird has happened to your editor, and that that's the reason the map is broken. I'm guessing that reinstalling amnesia and the editor might help. If the problem still occurs it might be a problem with your computer.

I'd very much appreciate if you checked out my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RehinRealm
Thanks!
01-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Find