Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CRASH - But only one single map, and NO error!
Rokotain Offline

Threads: 9
CRASH - But only one single map, and NO error!

I've been creating my custom story recently, and all was working fine.

Normal Amnesia Story = Works!
Custom Stories = Works!
My Custom Story = Works!*

*The problem is one single map. Let's call it "Studium".

I've read the troubleshooting things, but none matches. Amnesia works good normally, never had any problems with it. And I don't have a problem with any other maps, just the single one.

I've tried deleting the .hps script, but it didn't work.
I have no problems with any thing else as I've said, so I don't think there is a need to change graphics card or something. Amnesia works fine with anything else, even rest of my custom story.
So most likely it's something with the map, but I can't find what it is.

It's not a normal Error, or Fatal Error crash like the ones you get with scripts. It's a simple "Amnesia has stopped working."
Doesn't really tell me much.

[How the crash looks like]
It's crashed now the last 10times I've tried. The first few times it said it was a Black Box Crash, nothing more than that and a code I believe, unfortunately when I crashed again, it no longer displays it so I wasn't able to get a printscreen of the code.

Now the crash varies between a normal window program crash, a black box crash
(it doesn't load the analyzing bar fully before windows crash steps in, which makes it not complete the black box diagnosis thing.) and another crash which is almost similiar to the normal windows crash.

[My computer:]
Windows 7, 64-bit
Hp Pavillion Laptop
and I read in another thread to post hpl.log so I will do that too.

I'm sorry if I missed something very obvious. It's very annoying and I hope I won't have to create the whole map again.
Thanks for your time reading this, and I would be very happy if anyone would post their experiences or a possible solution.

[Edit: I sendt the custom story to a friend, he got the same crash and was able to take a print screen of the original black box crash for me.]

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 7.54 KB / Downloads: 95)
.png   Amnesia Custom Story Error .png (Size: 39.74 KB / Downloads: 117)
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2012, 01:18 PM by Rokotain.)
01-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
RE: CRASH - But only one single map, and NO error!

Move the .map_cache files in another temp folder and try again. If it works and then map loads fine delete them.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2012, 05:35 PM by plutomaniac.)
01-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Find
Rokotain Offline

I don't have map-cache files anymore : o

I deleted them a few days ago(I've done before as well) as they caused objects from previous versions of the custom story to still be in the maps when they weren't supposed too.

And if I know right, map caches return?
They have done so before, but I still haven't gotten them back now. I hope I didn't do something stupid :/

[Answer: No map caches are in there.]
01-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Quote:ERROR: Could not open binary file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/custom_stories/Rokotains Mansion - Full Version/maps/Rokotain_Mansion_MasterBedroom.map_cache'
ERROR: Could not map cache file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/custom_stories/Rokotains Mansion - Full Version/maps/Rokotain_Mansion_MasterBedroom.map'.

Then...maybe it is looking for the .map_cache file that you deleted. That's why I now told you to move them first to a temp folder if you still had them.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2012, 06:06 PM by plutomaniac.)
01-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Find
Rokotain Offline

Weird. Since "Rokotain_Mansion_Masterbedroom" which is described in that error actually works.
The one I'm having problems with is the Studium.

Anyhow I guess what you say would be the problem. But considering I don't have the map cache files. What do I then do?...

[Edit: Also the new attachment to the original post, the black box error, does it say anything to you?]
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2012, 06:18 PM by Rokotain.)
01-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

The blackbox does not say anything usefull. Load the map again and then reattach me the HPL.log. Maybe the one you showed my is older. Can you open the map at the level editor?
01-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Find
Rokotain Offline

I can open and edit both the map and scrpt, I've tried moving things to temp folders too see if I could find the sinner, but with no luck so far.

Here is the latest log though.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 4.3 KB / Downloads: 90)
01-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Quote:ERROR: Couldn't load language file 'custom_stories/The Hallway/extra_english.lang'
WARNING: Could not find language file category 'CustomStoryMain'
WARNING: No resources element found in 'custom_stories/Rokotains Mansion - Full Version/extra_english.lang'

-------- Loading map 'Rokotain_Mansion_Studium.map' ---------

ERROR: Could not open binary file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/custom_stories/Rokotains Mansion - Full Version/maps/Rokotain_Mansion_Studium.map_cache'
ERROR: Could not map cache file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/custom_stories/Rokotains Mansion - Full Version/maps/Rokotain_Mansion_Studium.map'.

First, fix the language problem that you have and described in the error above. Then, go to C:\Users\--YOUR-USER-NAME--\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\ and in there you should find the "missing" files. Next time, make sure you always run the editors as administrator.
01-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Find
Rokotain Offline

I now run "Notepad++" and "LevelEditor" as administrator.

Although I went trough the folders like you said.
AppData->Local->Programfiles(x86)->AmnesiaTheDarkDecent->Redist, but the only files I can find are the ancient ones from when I first used the level editor. Looong time ago. I searched it, but no luck in finding them :/

Sorry for all the time I'm consuming btw, I hoped it wouldn't take as long as this :/
Thanks for what you're doing though Rolleyes
01-05-2012, 01:35 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

so you cannot open this map file anywhere?
01-05-2012, 02:22 AM
Find